Where would the soul of Judas Incariot went?

Where would be the soul of Judas Iscariot went?

[quote=Stephen Teo]Where would be the soul of Judas Iscariot went?
[/quote]

It is not our position to judge the souls of others. It’s possible that he repented before he died. However, since Jesus said it would be better that a millstone be hung around his neck and have him thown into the sea, I would assume he ended up in hell.

[/quote]

Nobody knows for sure. Scripture tells us that Judas REPENTED but what does that exactly mean? Also, his final act was to kill himself. I don’t think that the chrurch has an OFFICIAL position on this but I’ve read some accounts of people being possessed and in some of them, one of the demons being expelled was Judas.

Don’t know if this is true or not or if it might have been another demon pretending to be Judas. Demons aren’t exactly know for being truthful.

It also raises more questions. Demons are fallen angels and were created as spiritual beings. Judas was a mortal. Do mortals that go to hell gain demon-like powers to possess people? If so, it might explain ghosts and hauntings.

Then what if he repented and was forgiven? Would he be one of the 12 on the thrones? or if he didn’t who is filling the 12th seat?
Matt 19:28

I have wondered this sort of thing a little, even though it is a waste of time.

God Bless
Scylla

Things don’t look good for Judas Iscariot; Jesus said:24The Son of man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born." (Matthew 26:24)

The repentence of Judas is an interesting study and is best understood by comparing and contrasting it with the repentance of Peter after he denied Jesus three times.

In Matthew 27:3-5 the repentence of Judas is related as follows: “When Judas, his betrayer, saw that he was condemned, he repented and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders, saying, “I have sinned in betraying innocent blood.” They said, “What is that to us? See to it yourself.” And throwing down the pieces of silver in the temple, he departed; and he went and hanged himself.”

In Peter’s case, scripture says, " And Peter remembered the saying of Jesus, “Before the cock crows, you will deny me three times.” And he went out and wept bitterly"[Matt 26:75].

The behaviors are certainly different and it is clear that Peter never dispaired. Judas, on the other hand, took his own life. Jesus had some negative things to say about Judas and the betrayal and indicated that it would have been better for him had he never been born. In Peter’s case Jesus says to Peter in Luke 22:31-32, “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail; and when you have turned again, strengthen your brethren.”

When looked at in context, things do not look good for Judas, but they do look positive for Peter. It would appear that the quality of the repentence and the continued faith of Peter are significantly different from the repentence of Judas and his eventual despair.
While there is no certainty about Judas, the historical view has been pretty negative.

The repentance of Judas, was such that he went back to give the 30 pieces of silver. The greek word which shows a true heart repantance to the lord is “metanoia” (that may be spelled incorrect) but the greek word used for judas’ repentance was not metanoia, but a different word which means something like " he turned back" He did not fulifil the repantance that the Lord called us to, according to that particular verse in scripture.

Of course he may have at a later stage, but It is hard to imagine given what Christ says of Judas, better not to be born.

Judas is one of the most poorest men in the salvation history.but u just never know until you get to heaven, whether he made it…

[/quote]

Where is Judas Iscariot? He is with his Master, Satan, in Hell. Of course, the most common answer is that of “we really do not know”, “may be he did it”, and “it really is a dangerous policy to speak on the state of any particular soul at the moment of death. Even the Church herself does not EVER do this, except to name those who are certainly in heaven as saints” (this last one from the thread “Errors of JPII” when I said that Luther is in Hell). And it is true, that Judas Iscariot is in Hell is not a dogma, there is no ex cathedra pronouncement on the matter. But… we can, and must, use reason and common sense God gave us. One common mistake regarding Judas damnation is to consider only his last moments, mainly after the Last Supper. But Judas damnation started earlier. He was a thief from the beginning, he envied Jesus from the beginning, he didn’t love Jesus from the beginning. When Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus that night, he performed only his last betrayal. But how many others did before! Finally, he died how he lived, in hatred, in the hands of Satan, “after he took the morsel, Satan entered him” (John 13,27).

“Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children, for if these things are done when the wood is green what will happen when it is dry?" Luke 23,28 and 31

[/quote]

if you are a protestant than you would have to believe judas was saved. because their main teaching is if you believe in the lord,which judas did we are saved.

Human souls do not become demons, they are a seperate being altogether. Therefore, no human soul could possess another like a demon.

And the whole thing about being a protestant and believing Judas went to heaven doesn’t really follow. You don’t just have to believe that Jesus existed, but you have to accept salvation and have faith in Jesus (something Judas showed a lack of). Of course, I’m Catholic, so if I’m wrong or misunderstood what you meant, please correct me. I just don’t want the protestant position to be dumbed down.

[quote=robert ambrose]if you are a protestant than you would have to believe judas was saved. because their main teaching is if you believe in the lord,which judas did we are saved.
[/quote]

I do not believe Judas was saved.Jesus called him a devil. Judas was judged according to Gods Law (10 commandments) and He was guilty of murder, taking his own life,and stealing from Gods treasury and God knows what else… The sentence my friends for those who disobey Gods law is Hell. :eek: God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.