Which character would you play in The Passion of the Christ?

Which character would you play in the passion of he Christ?

Veronica–her scene is so tender. And didn’t they make her the wife of Simon of Cyrene in this movie?

I was in a Passion Play in 7th grade…I tried out for Veronica, but ended up being one of the people who ask Peter, “aren’t you one of Jesus’ disciples?”

I also had a bass clarinet solo :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

-Jeanne

I’d be Pilate. I’ve always been fascinated with him, and I empathize with him because I share many of his weaknesses (crippling indecison, social anxiety, weakness in judgement, fear of the populus).

I was going to say Veronica too, but philialeaf claimed! Yes, Veronica would definitely be my choice. If I was a male, I would choose Simon, the one who helped carry the cross. I would have wanted to comfort Him and help Him the best I could within the will of God.

I’d be Lil_Flower_Luv, kneeling before the crucified Lord.

I marked a Disciple because my patron Nicodemus was not listed. But all is good, as he eventually followed too!

ps: Did you mean to say Barabbas?

I came very, very close to playing the Blessed Virgin Mary in The Passion Play staged where we were living; however my DH was transferred to a city nearly 3 hours away, by car, so that was the end of that.

It was the most amazing experience though, learning the lines and really thinking about what Mary must have felt. Even though I wasn’t Catholic at the time, it gave me a special feeling of closeness to Mary. Oh, maybe that’s why I had no trouble with Marian devotion when I converted ;).

I would play Judas because I have turned my back on my Lord so many times and also because I feel unworthy to play the part of any of the others. Judas is probably the worst character in the movie because he was a disciple of Jesus and yet he betrayed Him. I feel as though I have betrayed my Lord numerous times in my life. :frowning:

Re: Which character would you play in The Passion of the Christ?

I would play Judas because I have turned my back on my Lord so many times and also because I feel unworthy to play the part of any of the others. Judas is probably the worst character in the movie because he was a disciple of Jesus and yet he betrayed Him. I feel as though I have betrayed my Lord numerous times in my life.

I used to have trouble forgiving myself of my mistakes…when the Lord forgives He forgets its as if it never happened, so you don’t need to remember it. I feel like that too sometimes.

Since she is the saint I chose, as my Confirmation name… I too, would hope to be “Veronica”. I chose her name, because I so admired her courageous love and compassion for Our suffering Lord.

God bless.

Mary the mother of Christ…

i “know” a lot of what she went through (long story how i sort of know…)… .Every time i pray the rosary and do the sorrowful mysteries… I see, basically, what she saw…

If i were male i would want to play Jesus because, again, when praying the rosary, i go through it all with Him…

too bad protestants don’t know about that kind of thing… :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.