Which Christian Fiction Writer

(Living or deceased…)

1)Has had the greatest influence on your life?

1. Is the most controversial?

2. Presents the Gospel most accurately?

3. Reminds you of St. Paul?

4. Reminds you of St. Thomas Aquinas?

5. Presents the Best Challenge to Catholicism?

6. Presents the Best Challenge to Protestantism?

7. Presents the Best Challenge to Atheism?

8. Is the most daring?

9. Is most likely to last?

10. Is the most hateful to the despisers of Christ?

11. Is most saintly?

Ok, that’s all. :slight_smile:

I hate to admit this, but I honestly don’t know of that many Christian “fiction” writers.

Grisham, of course. C.S. Lewis and Tolkien. Flannery O’Connor. Frank Peretti. Umm…

A whole list of romance writers.

Ummm…

Boede Thoene? I think she writes historical Christian fiction. Or is it romance?

Rowling has made claims to Christianity. My daughter claims that all of the Harry Potter books are Christian allegories.

Ummm…

John Bunyan wrote* Pilgrim’s Progress*, but I don’t think he ever wrote any other fiction.

Ummm…drawing a blank here!

I write fiction! :slight_smile: www.jazzicals.com I guess I could claim to have had the greatest on my life. I wish I could claim some of the other things.

Ummm…an index, please? Thank you.

One of my evangelical friends was really into Brock and Bodie Thoene, and to the best of my recollection, they write historical Christian fiction.

And Cat, you left Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins off your list :wink:

And, on a more serious note, G.K. Chesterton also wrote fiction.

There’s a lot of Christian Fiction writers! And when I say fiction writers, I mean those better known for their poetry, too. John Bunyan, John Donne, Dante, Flannery O’Connor, Graham Greene, John Cheever, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Edmund Spenser, Chaucer, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Nikolai Gogol (in later years at least), George Herbert, Sir Walter Raleigh, G.K. Chesterton, Evelyn Waugh, George MacDonald, Sir Charles Maturin, Jonathan Swift, Robert Louis Stevenson, Hariet Becher Stowe, Cervantes, T.S. Eliot, Robert Herrick (sort of), John Milton, Thomas More (Utopia!), and I’m sure many others. :cool:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.