Which Church Father Are You?

You can play here - it’s a really short little quiz.

I guess I better read up on St. Melito of Sardis!

You’re St. Melito of Sardis!

You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.

You are St. Jerome!

You’re a passionate Christian, fiercely devoted to Jesus Christ and his Church. You are willing to labor long hours in the Lord’s vineyard, and you have little patience with those who are less willing or able to work as you do. Your passions often carry you into temptation zones of wrath, lust, and pride.:eek:

I’m Jerome too. Probably had to do with using the mallet on the co-worker.

:rotfl:

Another Jerome here - makes sense, he was a hot-headed Dalmatian like myself.

All this time I thought it was the Irish in me. I love these cute little threads you do paramedicgirl…they are treat. :slight_smile:

St. Melito of Sardis too!

Great find :thumbsup:

You are St. Justin Martyr!

You have a positive and hopeful attitude toward the world. You think that nature, history, and even the pagan philosophers were often guided by God in preparation for the Advent of the Christ. You find “seeds of the Word” in unexpected places. You’re patient and willing to explain the faith to unbelievers.

St. Melito of Sardis

:eek: We’re the same Church Father! :wink:

It would appear so!

You are Origen!

You do nothing by half-measures. If you’re going to read the Bible, you want to read it in the original languages. If you’re going to teach, you’re going to reach as many souls as possible, through a proliferation of lectures and books. If you’re a guy and you’re going to fight for purity … well, you’d better hide the kitchen shears.

…I’m currently learning Biblical Hebrew…:whistle: …but I’ll stay away from sisscors for a while…:stuck_out_tongue:

I love quizzes. :slight_smile:

You are St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.

You’re St. Jerome
You’re a passionate Christian, fiercely devoted to Jesus Christ and his Church. You are willing to labor long hours in the Lord’s vineyard, and you have little patience with those who are less willing or able to work as you do. Your passions often carry you into temptation zones of wrath, lust, and pride.

Before I took the test, I thought, it would be cool, if it came out to be St Jerome!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Another St Jerome.
Am I a hot-headed Dalmatian? No.
Slavonian? Yes.
Same country, same temperament, different area.

St. Justin here!!

Aaaah! My mama spent her childhood in Slavonia somewhere :thumbsup:

We Croatians are slowly but surely taking over the world you know :cool:

I agree.
Nothing could be better than a world where everyone’s name ends in ić.

Both my grandparents were born in Slavonia.
Jasenice and …
I can’t remember the other one…
Bad protection of my own privacy if I posted the other one anyway…

Same

http://www.fathersofthechurch.com/quiz-files/final_jerome.png
You are St. Jerome!

You’re a passionate Christian, fiercely devoted to Jesus Christ and his Church. You are willing to labor long hours in the Lord’s vineyard, and you have little patience with those who are less willing or able to work as you do. Your passions often carry you into temptation zones of wrath, lust, and pride.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.