Which is the most important apologist in Usa?

Which is the most important apologist in Usa?
Lay, alive.

Philthy! :thumbsup:

In my humble opinion, Scott Hahn. :bowdown:

(Not kissing up to you Karl but…)

**Karl Keating. ** Starting with his landmark book “Catholicism And Fundamentalism” he has done more to make apologetics accessable to the average Catholic (with his talks, “This Rock” magazine, basic tracts and other resources, and now with these forums) than any other single person in our time. All others have built upon his work and the work of those who have worked for and with him.

Karl Keating is the GODFATHER of apologetics! :cool:

Me!
All I seem to do is say “I’m sorry” :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Gilbert]Which is the most important apologist in Usa?
Lay, alive.
[/quote]

Visit some of the non-Catholic formum pages and the non-Catholics dismiss all of them. I used some arguments to defend the faith and was ridiculed beyond belief (was told “you fell for them hook-line-and-sinker”). It was very disheartening.

Not sure about the most important, but my favorite is Dr. Peter Kreeft. He is both ecumenical and uncompromisingly Catholic.

Without a doubt the Keating group. Because of their wide contact across the internet, the magazines, the radio and this largest forum in Catholic history.

My 2nd favorite is Dave Armstrong. Because of his depth of apologetics on his site.

My 3rd is Mark Bonocore of the Legate
He’s fiesty and is the best against J. White and company. He approaches apologetics from unique angles that most others do not.

I love Patrick Madrid, learned a lot from Karl Keating, and Scott Hahn so I vote for all three.:clapping:

I learned a lot from:
Karl Keating
Robert Sungenis
Gerry Matatics
Scott Hahn

Jaypeeto4 (aka Jaypeeto3)

Most important is probably Keating due to his contributions.

The best?

Sungenis or Akin.

Karl Keating and Jimmy Akins get my vote.

[quote=Jaypeeto4]I learned a lot from:
Karl Keating
Robert Sungenis
Gerry Matatics
Scott Hahn

Jaypeeto4 (aka Jaypeeto3)
[/quote]

Gerry Matatics is in schism. He does not sumbit to the Pope.

[quote=Lazerlike42]Most important is probably Keating due to his contributions.

The best?

Sungenis or Akin.
[/quote]

I would include Dave Armstrong with these two

[quote=Toni]I love Patrick Madrid, learned a lot from Karl Keating, and Scott Hahn so I vote for all three.:clapping:
[/quote]

That would be my vote too.

[quote=MrS]I would include Dave Armstrong with these two
[/quote]

I would tend to agree, but I have never heard Mr. Armstrong speak or go one on one with someone, so I can’t give him the same endorsement I can of the others.

Sheed and Newman

(1) Jesus Christ
(2) St. Paul the Apostle
(3) Karl Keating
(4) St. Peter the Apostle
(5) Jimmy Akin
(6) Moses and David (tie)
(7) Scott Hahn
(8) St. John the Apostle

:smiley: :eek:

Phil P

I am surprised no one has mentioned either Marcus Grodi and or John Martignoni. While they are not my favourites they are very good too.

Also, Gerry Matatics is Schism? I recently say his tapes at a Catholic bookstore. Isnt he mentioned by Scott Hahn a few times?

quote=PhilVaz Jesus Christ
(2) St. Paul the Apostle
(3) Karl Keating
(4) St. Peter the Apostle
(5) Jimmy Akin
(6) Moses and David (tie)
(7) Scott Hahn
(8) St. John the Apostle

:smiley: :eek:

Phil P
[/quote]

Phil, this is just plain embarrassing. Do you think you at least could modify your list to put the saints at the top–and maybe a few hundred other saints besides?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.