Which is the summit of the Faith; the Trinity or the Eucharist?

Good morning, I am very lucky to be attending a Bible time line study (Jeff Cavins) at my Parish. The very nice lady chairing the discussions before and after each video presentation mentioned that (and I am paraphrasing) our emphasis should now be on the trinity. that the basis for our Catholic faith should be now on the trinity, not the Eucarist…once again I wish I had the actual quote she supposedly received from meetings she attended on the new Catechism (?)…we didn’t meet last thursday because of All Saint’s Day but will meet this Thurs. evening and I will view what she is talking about…It just struck me odly and it seemed the Holy Eucharist seemed to be being down played…any info/thoughts on this…? I would appreciate any comments…PAX

Hi,

There's actually no dichotomy. The Eucharist is the body and blood, soul and divinity that is Jesus Christ, the third Person of the Trinity. To focus on the Trinity is to focus on God. To focus on the Eucharist is to focus on God. The Trinity is not going to take you away from the Eucharist.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.