Which major Catholic news services are to be avoided?

Hey everyone. I know there is quite a few Catholic news services online but I was just wondering, are there any out there that are well known for unorthodoxy? I don't really care about other things so long as they don't manage to promote things that are contrary to Church teaching.

[quote="Holly3278, post:1, topic:223307"]
Hey everyone. I know there is quite a few Catholic news services online but I was just wondering, are there any out there that are well known for unorthodoxy? I don't really care about other things so long as they don't manage to promote things that are contrary to Church teaching.

[/quote]

News and Orthodoxy are two different things. If you are able to separate the news content from the analysis/opinion then any site is good.

Indeed. Take for example the National Catholic Reporter. They certainly put out some problematic articles. I would probably go so far as to call them the least Catholic of all Catholic news services. But then they also employ John Allen, Jr. as their Vatican correspondent, and I often gain a lot from his articles. He is almost always very balanced in his writing and seldom interjects personal opinion in the reporting of events. I really appreciate that.

Ah okay! Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.