which mass do you attend?

I think the title says it all, just curious:)

[quote=Podo2004]I think the title says it all, just curious:)
[/quote]

I do not attend the Mass.

I attend the Divine Liturgy of St John Chrysostom and seeing that the Melkite parish I go to is honoring the long standing tradition of one liturgy per altar per priest per day there is only one choice. The only Divine Liturgy offered which is at 10am Sunday morning.

I don’t think the priest in this parish even knows latin, under those circumstances he doesn’t have a choice except to say mass in english.

I voted Tridentine because it is the Mass I most regularly attend on Sundays. I try to get in a daily Mass during the week which of course is the missa normativa in English, although with the Sanctus and Agnus Dei in Gregorian Chant for feasts and commemorations of Saints on occasion. About every two months or so I attend a Ruthenian Byzantine Divine Liturgy, this year I’m making it my choice for the Christmas Vigil. I also attend a Ukrainian Byzantine Divine Liturgy every so often on Thursdays at Miles Jesu, where I go to receive spiritual direction. Here in Phoenix, we have a wonderful opportunity to ‘sample’ the various liturgical rites: Melkite, Maronite, Chaldean, Ukrainian, Ruthenian, Roman (In many flavors: Tridentine and Missa Normativa in Latin, Spanish, English, Vietmanese, et al.). I suppose I might be considered a true Roamin’ Catholic. :smiley:

My home parish offers the NO Mass which is the Mass I attended all my life.

Although recently I had the opportunity to attend a Rememberance Day( Veteran’s Day) service at a Ukrainian Catholic parish. I found the Eastern rite service very beautiful in it’s own way.

I have never been to a Tridentine Mass, but I would like to attend one( as long as it is in Communion with Rome, of course) to see what it is like. I imagine it would be similar to the Eastern rite Liturgy.

I regret that I did not get to experience a Mass or Divine Liturgy while overseas (on military deployment) in Sofia, Bulgaria or Budapest, Hungary.

It makes me sad to see all of the debates/arguments over which celebration is more right or reverent. What makes us Catholic( which means “universal” by the way) is that we are all united in our beliefs and faith through Rome. The way in which we express that faith (as long as it is in Communion with Rome) should not matter. Rather, we should celebrate the different customs and traditions which makes us truly universal. Abuses can occur in any tradition and it is the abuse that should be condemded, not the tradition itself.

I think our time would be better spent trying to win back our Protestant brothers and sisters, or how about even non-Christians, rather than cause division among ourselves. How do you defeat an enemy? By dividing and conquering. That is what satan is trying to do. He already divided us at the reformation and it would be sad to contribute to his efforts.

A Lating amss is not an option where I am. There is only one Catholic church for the county, and its seems that all the limited masses available are gradually being converted to Spanish to accommodate the growing community of Central Americans.

Sadly in your diocese there is only one TLM every 2nd Sunday at S.Jung Ha Sang Church www.latinmass.org/states/alberta.html
the SSPX[unapproved or aprroved depending on your opinion] also has a TLM every 1st Sunday at the Maronite Catholic CHurch in Edmonton www.sspx.ca/Alberta/Edmonton.htm ]

[quote=Feanaro]My home parish offers the NO Mass which is the Mass I attended all my life.

Although recently I had the opportunity to attend a Rememberance Day( Veteran’s Day) service at a Ukrainian Catholic parish. I found the Eastern rite service very beautiful in it’s own way.

I have never been to a Tridentine Mass, but I would like to attend one( as long as it is in Communion with Rome, of course) to see what it is like. I imagine it would be similar to the Eastern rite Liturgy.

I regret that I did not get to experience a Mass or Divine Liturgy while overseas (on military deployment) in Sofia, Bulgaria or Budapest, Hungary.

It makes me sad to see all of the debates/arguments over which celebration is more right or reverent. What makes us Catholic( which means “universal” by the way) is that we are all united in our beliefs and faith through Rome. The way in which we express that faith (as long as it is in Communion with Rome) should not matter. Rather, we should celebrate the different customs and traditions which makes us truly universal. Abuses can occur in any tradition and it is the abuse that should be condemded, not the tradition itself.

I think our time would be better spent trying to win back our Protestant brothers and sisters, or how about even non-Christians, rather than cause division among ourselves. How do you defeat an enemy? By dividing and conquering. That is what satan is trying to do. He already divided us at the reformation and it would be sad to contribute to his efforts.
[/quote]

My family attends a parish that is run by The Institute of Christ the King(Tridentine). We also, on occassion, go to my old parish which is NO(pauline).

We are particularly blessed in the Archdiocese of Atlanta. We have a personal parish of the Fraternity of Saint Peter. I am able to attend a Traditional Latin Mass everyday! I have not been to a Novus Ordo since sometime before Lent (except the Chrism Mass, which I regret attending). In any event, I will be going to a Novus Ordo for my cousin’s wedding this summer. Her fiance’s uncle is the priest. I will have to be an altar boy; I do not know if I will be able to stand the culture (liturgical) shock, but I will do my best.

[quote=amarkich]We are particularly blessed in the Archdiocese of Atlanta. We have a personal parish of the Fraternity of Saint Peter. I am able to attend a Traditional Latin Mass everyday! I have not been to a Novus Ordo since sometime before Lent (except the Chrism Mass, which I regret attending). In any event, I will be going to a Novus Ordo for my cousin’s wedding this summer. Her fiance’s uncle is the priest. I will have to be an altar boy; I do not know if I will be able to stand the culture (liturgical) shock, but I will do my best.
[/quote]

Y’ALL in Atlanta is lucky!!! Six Masses on Christmas Day!!!

[quote=katolik]Sadly in your diocese there is only one TLM every 2nd Sunday at S.Jung Ha Sang Church www.latinmass.org/states/alberta.html
the SSPX[unapproved or aprroved depending on your opinion] also has a TLM every 1st Sunday at the Maronite Catholic CHurch in Edmonton www.sspx.ca/Alberta/Edmonton.htm ]
[/quote]

Thanks for lighting up my day katolik by saying that;) . Then again i hope you know that the TLM isn’t the norm any more so it kind of makes sense for it to be celebrated less. But you that already knew that eh katolik? You seem so smart I mean look at your signature! You think our brothers The Jews Are Enemies! i mean the old testament is originally from them(they recieved it) yet they are enemies according to you… so intelligent eh katolik:rolleyes:
Podo

hey I’m a senior member now!!! Oh no that makes me feel old even though im 13:o .

Podo;)

[quote=Podo2004]Thanks for lighting up my day katolik by saying that;) . Then again i hope you know that the TLM isn’t the norm any more so it kind of makes sense for it to be celebrated less. But you that already knew that eh katolik? You seem so smart I mean look at your signature! You think our brothers The Jews Are Enemies! i mean the old testament is originally from them(they recieved it) yet they are enemies according to you… so intelligent eh katolik:rolleyes:
Podo
[/quote]

Hey, a saint said that, the only priest-stigmatist in the history of the Church. I listen to the saints.
The Old Testament Jews are not the New Testament Jews. The Old Testament of the Bible was given unto them,with all the prophecies of the coming of Our Saviour, yet they rejected the Christ and still do[but there are some exceptions]. The Old Testament Jews were God’s chosen, but after the Crucifixion they rejected Him and therefore are no longer His chosen people. The One,Holy,Catholic,Apostolic Church is God’s chosen, that is the Catholic Church, the New Israel.

Do you think that the Jews are still the Chosen people? No, they are not and have been punished many times for rejecting Christ through these last 2000 years. Want some examples? In AD 70, the Jews were expelled from Jerusalem and not allowed to come back for atleast 250 years. The Temple was also destroyed. The Jews were forced to leave their homeland and were spread around the world. Then in the 1100’s and 1200’s Catholics sadly] organized crusades against Jews living in Germany and France.
Now go forward about 700 years, have you forgotten waht happened to the Jews in 1933-45 in Central Europe? About 4-6 million Jews were killed but these are the punishments you get on earth for rejecting Christ.

Why is it “sadly” that the Catholics organized the Crusades? That was a great event.

9:00 because that is the “RCIA” Mass with class immediately after (with coffee and donuts)

[quote=puzzleannie]9:00 because that is the “RCIA” Mass with class immediately after (with coffee and donuts)
[/quote]

:clapping: :rotfl: :clapping:

Peace and Merry Christmas!

I think all Tridentine Masses (except those of Pius X, of course) are in communion with Rome…after all, Quo Primum says that for ‘in perpetuity’ no one can be forbidden to say it.

Well, technically no. The SSPX, SSPV, and the Independant chapels aren’t in communion with Rome. The Insitute of Christ the King Soverign Priest, Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, Society of St. John Vianney (Campos), etc. along with Bishop Indults are recognized by Rome.

Just wondering, for those attending the Traditional Mass, do you attend the Mass with a priest from say the FSSP or a priest that usually celebrates the Novus Ordo?

The TLM is planned to return to Orlando diocese next year. I have some details, but because not everything is finalized I will not spill the information as of yet until the church or Bishop makes the announcement.

My love is with the TLM…but I usually attend the Novus Ordo Mass…I can attend the TLM anytime I want to…I love it…I have such reverence for it.

I attend the Novus Ordo and sing in the choir. There is no TM in my state and our bishop has refused to grant an Indult, so whenever I get the chance I go to the Solemn High Mass at Old St. Mary’s in Washington, DC. I love it and intend to go as much as possible in the future.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.