Which Mass do you usually attend? POLL

Which Mass do you usually attend? :slight_smile:

We have a 5:00 Saturday evening Mass…NO CHILDREN usually

11:00 Sunday morning Mass. Cuts day in two, very few children

I Attend the 8:30 Sunday morning Mass. Majority of children attend this one. I have two boys who sing in the youth choir. After Mass, they attend their CCD class. I think it is better that they go to class AFTER Mass then before. Class re-enforces the readings and Fathers homily.

Another plus to the early Mass. We have the whole rest of the day to be together as a family. :thumbsup:

Oh, forgot to mention the other reason for attending the early Mass. GET THE CHILDREN TO MASS BEFORE THEY START PLAYING. :smiley:

I sing at 10 with choir, and then attend with my husband and son at 12. I could simply go to 10 and leave it at that, but my husband prefers to attend as a family, and he can’t get to 10 because of his work schedule. I certainly don’t mind celebrating the Eucharist twice!

'thann

Sunday mornings 10:00am sharp… every sunday but two since 1955…

not that i’m scrupulous… well maybe… oh… got to go to confession now… :eek:

Sunday night at 6:00 pm.

It’s a “youth” Mass. Everybody responds out loud. And sings each song out loud. LOUDLY.

We clap hands during the Gloria and the Allelulia, both of which are sung at a quick tempo.

The tempo of the rest of the Mass is solemn.

It’s refreshing for me participate at a Mass that has such a variety of energy going on.

I used to live in a parish that had 7:00 pm Sunday night Masses, which was my Mass time of choice. That one isn’t a “youth” Mass, though.

I just like to go on Sunday evenings. I’m not a “morning” person in the rest of my life so it’s good for me to be able to go to a Sunday night Mass.

Saturday night Mass, somehow, isn’t quite the same as a Sunday night Mass.

Our Mass schedule is determined by when our son is serving. It is one thing that we can give to the Church, the people who arrange the server schedule KNOW that we are flexible and will be there when needed - even at last minute.

When he does not serve, we attend either 10 AM (before our CCD classes) or do CCD in the AM and return for 5 PM Sunday Mass.

9:30am Mass ( the 8:00 is too early to get the kids up and out) and the 11:00 is a bit too late for my tastes.

8:00 a.m. Sunday. It’s less crowded, the parking lot is less dangerous, and the people seem to be friendlier.

I chose ‘other’ since I attend the TLM and we have one time, 1:00 p.m. It’s the only game in town so there are no other times.

I go to the 11:15 Mass on Sundays and sometimes to the 12:10 Mass on week-days.

Shannin

I chose the early Sunday (8:30) a.m. because that’s the only Mass we have in my parish on Sunday; our priest has a Mass at the mission church at 10 a.m.

I used to attend the 5:30 p.m. Saturday mass–until we got a dog, a lovely large dog who needs lots and lots and lots of exercise.

So Sunday morning Mass it is.

12/30 pm Sunday

I usually attend the 10:30 Mass because I’m not much of a morning person, and it gives me time to pray the morning office and wake up completely in order to be attentive at Mass.

When I feel the urge to attend Mass according to the 1962 Missal (usually for High Mass sung by the schola - I love chant), then I go at 11:30.

I normally attend the 10:30 am Sunday Mass because I am in the choir and that’s the “choir Mass”.

In the summer I prefer to attend at 8:30 am because it’s still fairly cool out and I have the whole day ahead of me to enjoy after Mass, rather than sitting around waiting for the later Mass (we also have a 12:30 pm Mass).

Otherwise I attend whatever Mass I am scheduled for on the cantor schedule (I’m on the schedule for approx. 1 Mass per month).

9:30 Sunday morning - the one in English.

I’m kinda stuck with my Mass because I am one of the leaders of our music ministry at our 11:30 a.m. Mass. Not that I am complaining at all.

I got to the 5:30pm Saturday Mass so that I can complete focus on the Mass itself. I also attend the 9:30am Sunday Mass because I sing in the choir, but I can’t focus on what’s going on because I’m too focused on all the singing the choir has to do.

I like going twice. My husband says that I probably take Mass more seriously than a lot of over people.

Scout :tiphat:

My wife and I usually attend Mass at 10:30 am on Sunday. However, every third Sunday we serve as extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion at the noon Mass.

[quote=Scout]I got to the 5:30pm Saturday Mass so that I can complete focus on the Mass itself. I also attend the 9:30am Sunday Mass because I sing in the choir, but I can’t focus on what’s going on because I’m too focused on all the singing the choir has to do.

I like going twice. My husband says that I probably take Mass more seriously than a lot of over people.

Scout :tiphat:
[/quote]

I’ve considered doing a double Mass as well. I find it truly hard to concentrate on the readings because we are preping for the next song. I have started reading the readings and reflecting on them before leaving for church. It definitely helps!

I’m a nightowl and usually attend a Sunday evening Mass. There are several in the area at various parishes, so I can do pretty much anything from 5:00 - 7:15 any Sunday year round or even choose from three options 9-10 at some of the local universities during their academic years.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.