Which of the churches in India are in communion with EO?

I’m thinking of becoming an Eastern Orthodox after reading the book Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy. I wonder what churches in India are in communion with EO? I only know of a Greek Orthodox parish here in Kolkata, but I’m open to other traditions.

I believe the only canonical Orthodox jurisdictions with a presence in India are the Greek Orthodox Church and Russian Orthodox Church. The Russian Orthodox Church is in New Delhi, at the Russian consulate. The Malankara Orthodox Church is Oriental, so not in communion with the EO.

Right, the Malankara Orthodox are OO and not EO. Anyhow, they’re a Kerala-based Church, so I don’t think they’d have many parishes near Calcutta.

Thanks. Wish there was a Russian church here. Gotta love those onion domes and circulary architecture. :smiley:

P.S. On second thought, they have more of a presence there than I expected. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolkata_Orthodox_Diocese . (Not to get off-topic, of course. :))

There’s also us Malankara Catholics in Kolkata:
plus.google.com/116540813889690253630/about?gl=us&hl=en

Does anyone know what jurisdiction is the Greek Orthodox church in Kolkata under? Is it Alexandria? Who is our patriarch???

More than likely it is going to be under the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarchate.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.