Which of these books came first and in what order

I want to know the truth and so I ask you, which of these books was written first and in which order did they come. I’ve been told that the Torah was the first of the three to be written. This is regarding, The Torah; the Quran and the Bible. I thought the Torah was used by the Jews before Christ was born. I’ve heard so many different things. Thank you, Brenda

The Jewish Torah came first.

The Christian Bible was written over many centuries. The Jewish Torah is part of the Christian Bible. The New Testament was completed in the late first or early second century AD.

The Quaran was not written until the seventh century AD.

-Tim-

Brenda

The name “Torah” is the Hebrew word meaning “Law” and it can be used in two different ways. Sometimes it can mean the whole of the Jewish scriptures, which Christians call “the Old Testament.” In the strict sense, though, it refers only to the first five books of the Old Testament: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. The first four are extremely ancient. Deuteronomy is thought to be more recent than the other four but, even so, it is known to have been in existence at the least since the reign of Josiah, one of the kings of Judah, who died in 609 BC.

Of the 27 books of the New Testament, the oldest ones were probably written between AD 50 and 55 and the latest ones in about AD 100.

It wasn’t till another 500 years or so after the last book of the New Testament was written, that Mohammed wrote the Koran or Quran.

Thank you, would you mind if you can, telling me who Mohammed was that wrote the Quran?

You’ll find the answer here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad

The Torah is the first five books of the Old Testament OR Old Alliance.

The entire Old Testament is called the Tanakh.

Of course the New Testament means the New Alliance.

It would be nice for Flower Lady to find out the difference between the Old and New Alliance.

Fran

Will do. TY.

July 12
Hello Flower Lady,

I’m sorry I sometimes get my languages mixed up.

When looking into the difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament please translate to “covenant” NOT alliance! Sorry about that.

You want to know the difference between the old and the new covenant. As when the priest says: “the new and everlasting covenant” at consecration time as mass.

This is pivotal to understanding christianity and you will be very blessed!

Old Covenant = Moses and the Law (Moral and Civil, Moral = 10 commandments)
New Covenant = Jesus and Grace (The law is put into our hearts)

There’s too much. Please look into this.

God bless you
Fran

Actually, “alliance” is a good word to describe them. In Spanish, the Eucharistic prayer does refer to “la nueva alianza”. A covenant is a promise of alliance between families.

Hi Elizium 23

I got alliance mixed up with my Italian! Same as Spanish, it means covenant, as you said.

The problem is that if you look up “alliance” it can mean many different things. Instead “covenant” refers specifically to God’s covenant with His people, be it in the Old Testament or in the New Testament with the Nueva Aleanza.

I hope Flower Lady looks this up.

Vaja con Dios
Fran

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.