Which present day Protestant churches . . . .

. . . . .can trace their roots back to the reformation and the original reformers.

[quote=mark a]. . . . .can trace their roots back to the reformation and the original reformers.
[/quote]

I don’t know what you do with the Anglican-Methodist-Wesleyan “run”… because the Church of England really didn’t have a reformer. In the strictest sense, it’s hard to call us Protestants, since there wasn’t the formal “protest” as there was from folks like Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, and company.

Methodists came about in the years 1738-1784. Wesley never intended to start a new church, but to renew the C of E.

O+

[quote=O.S. Luke]I don’t know what you do with the Anglican-Methodist-Wesleyan “run”… because the Church of England really didn’t have a reformer. In the strictest sense, it’s hard to call us Protestants, since there wasn’t the formal “protest” as there was from folks like Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, and company.

Methodists came about in the years 1738-1784. Wesley never intended to start a new church, but to renew the C of E.

O+
[/quote]

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

I’m asking which ones can trace back to an original reformer without having split from the denom over a difference of opinion, theology, doctrine, or whatever I should call it.

If you haven’t picked up on it, I’m looking for “changes” or tradition developement in these denominations, since Catholics are so often pounded for these things.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.