Which religious order is best known for combating heresy in the modern day?

Not to brag (since I’m anonymous), but I’m an excellent apologist, and I’m definitely going to join a religious order, so I was thinking, why not put my natural skills to good use? But which order to join? There’s so many! So, which order is known for combating heresy in the modern day?

Why not try a Dominican order? I don't know if you are male or female, so I can't give you any links to ideas until I know! :p But the Dominicans were founded in the 1200s by St. Dominic to combat the Albigensian heresy. They are very much alive and well today and there are some amazing orders out there to choose from. If you tell me whether you are looking for men or women's religious orders, I can give you some links to check out.

HAPPY FEAST OF ST. DOMINIC! (August 8th)

The Oblates of the Virgin Mary or the Fraternity of St. Peter, both are rock solid when it comes to defending against heresy.

[quote="AdvanceAlways, post:3, topic:208230"]
The Oblates of the Virgin Mary or the Fraternity of St. Peter, both are rock solid when it comes to defending against heresy.

[/quote]

Agreed especially on the Oblates. Their seminary is a 20 minute drive from where I live, and I visited there before discerning that I was being called to the diocesan priesthood. They're a wonderful congregation, and dedicated to being faithful to the Magisterium. I fully recommend taking a look at them.

You should look into the Order of Preachers. The Dominicans will teach you theology, and they will teach you how to defend the Doctrines of the Faith from a theological point of view. If you became a Dominican, you would have all of the necessary knowledge to defend and promote the faith. Also, the Dominicans will give you the skills needed to become an accomplished preacher and public speaker. If you are called to defend the faith, you should join the Order of Preachers because it was founded for this very purpose. St. Dominic spent his life combating the Albigensian heresy and was concerned only with the salvation of souls. If you become one of his sons, I am sure he will help you do the same.

For the most part, the Dominicans are very orthodox. They also celebrate very reverent liturgies. I can honestly say that the young Dominicans I have met are 100% orthodox. The Dominicans are an example of what is good in the Church today. Other groups such as the Society of Jesus are known for their heretical views and preaching. In this day and age, one can never be certain that our priests are fully faithful to the doctrines of the faith, but the great majority of Dominicans are faithful sons of the Church. I cannot recommend this Order strongly enough!

The Dominicans are nicknamed the Hounds of the Lord because they are steadfast in doctrine and discipline. The preaching of Dominic saved many souls. If you become a Dominican, your preaching could do the same.

Another group that I can’t reccomend enough are the Companions of the Cross. Some will speak ill of them because they are charismatic but they are rock solid on theology.

Another group that I can’t reccomend enough are the Companions of the Cross. Some will speak ill of them because they are charismatic but they are rock solid on theology.

Never heard of this group but it’s interesting that they are charismatic. I always associated the charismatic renewal with heresy because I have heard so many people speak negatively about them. It is nice to hear something positive about a charismatic group. I am not sure Charismatic worship is appropriate for Catholics because of its protestant origins, but I am glad that some charismatics are doctrinally orthodox.

[quote="Dempsey1919, post:7, topic:208230"]
Never heard of this group but it's interesting that they are charismatic. I always associated the charismatic renewal with heresy because I have heard so many people speak negatively about them. It is nice to hear something positive about a charismatic group. I am not sure Charismatic worship is appropriate for Catholics because of its protestant origins, but I am glad that some charismatics are doctrinally orthodox.

[/quote]

They are very doctrinally sound. Their Masses don't look like a pentacostal get together. They follow the rubrics to the books and celebrate the OF like it was meant to be celebrated. Everything from their vestments (which aren't traditional per say) to their homilies are as orthodox as they come for a group that isn't "traditional."

EDIT - one thing to add, at least in my opinion, they are taking back the Charismatic gifts from the protestants :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.