Which rosary to take to school?

Hi I was wondering should I take my normal rosary or my single decade rosary to school , what do you think ? which would be best ?

Thanks chuck

Whichever is easiest to replace - if you misplace it at school, you might never find it again.

[quote="Chuck1, post:1, topic:294349"]
Hi I was wondering should I take my normal rosary or my single decade rosary to school , what do you think ? which would be best ?

Thanks chuck

[/quote]

I wear my rosary bracelet (1 decade) on my wrist. Although, this year I'm think of bringing my rosary (5 decade) in my pocket with my rosary bracelet.

It really doesn't matter which you bring. Although, be prepared if you get caught by your friends with it because you will questioned. If others who don't so much like you will stereotype you as a person who is so OCD with your religion, which isn't bad, but they won't like you.

Catholic is one of the most hated religion out there. But, we are the Church Militant, defenders of the faith!!! :cool:

They also have finger rosaries. That is, a ring that has one decade on it. They are very inexpensive, so you could purchase a few. If you have a local Catholic bookstore, check it out.

[quote="grasscutter, post:4, topic:294349"]
They also have finger rosaries. That is, a ring that has one decade on it.

[/quote]

I've heard of these... I also know that one man ran 3,700 miles praying the rosary with the finger rosary... let me see if I can find this article.

Here it is - catholicnewsagency.com/news/mans-3700-mile-run-across-america-emphasizes-importance-of-prayer/

I would say that it depends on how it will be used:

If you say the rosary during a quiet time in a free period in a common room or out on a yard/playing field, the subtlety of a bracelet/ring might be best; if you have a school chapel to go to then a set of beads would be fine. My personal preference has always been beads, but I have the luxury of a chapel (or failing that a quiet office) if I wish to say the rosary at school.

Ultimately it is not the beads/bracelet/ring that make the prayer, it is the words you say and, most importantly, the thoughts of your mind and heart as you pray; given that, going with whatever you are most comfortable with seems to make sense.

Best wishes

Martin

[quote="Martin15, post:6, topic:294349"]
Ultimately it is not the beads/bracelet/ring that make the prayer, it is the words you say and, most importantly, the thoughts of your mind and heart as you pray; given that, going with whatever you are most comfortable with seems to make sense.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

[SIGN]AMEN[/SIGN]

At school, I use my fingers for the Rosary. You can't lose them! :D

I would go with a single-decade wrist rosary. There has been a rash of schools banning rosaries, as there are gangs which are using them as identifiers. And if they're a gang symbol, I unfortunately support this move. So something smaller is probably best. And, as I'm sure you know, never wear a rosary around your neck.

[quote="TheDoors, post:9, topic:294349"]
I would go with a single-decade wrist rosary. There has been a rash of schools banning rosaries, as there are gangs which are using them as identifiers. And if they're a gang symbol, I unfortunately support this move. So something smaller is probably best. And, as I'm sure you know, never wear a rosary around your neck.

[/quote]

Rosary ban? That goes against the first amendment. FREEDOM OF RELIGION!

[quote="vjnycguy, post:10, topic:294349"]
Rosary ban? That goes against the first amendment. FREEDOM OF RELIGION!

[/quote]

Let's not go too far down this rabbit hole. The rosaries are not banned because they are religious. They are banned (in some places) because gangs use them as identifiers. Schools also ban hats, certain t-shirts or designs, and some color combinations for the same reason.

Take up your issue with the gangs, not the school administrators who are trying, against great odds insome places, to keep the entire student body safe.

I don't go anywhere without my Crown Rosary...just be careful not to trip over it!:D

Peace and all good

[quote="JGMendes4049, post:8, topic:294349"]
At school, I use my fingers for the Rosary. You can't lose them! :D

[/quote]

That is, unless you're in woodworking class. :rolleyes: But that's another thread.

You can get rosary rings that are really easy to carry around and not loose. It also won't cause much trouble as it's not used as a gang symbol like a full rosary is.

[quote="kmo_9000, post:14, topic:294349"]
You can get rosary rings that are really easy to carry around and not loose. It also won't cause much trouble as it's not used as a gang symbol like a full rosary is.

[/quote]

Usually I will have my normal rosary but I keep it my pocket. The rosary isn't something that should be used as jewelry.

[quote="superamazingman, post:13, topic:294349"]
That is, unless you're in woodworking class. :rolleyes: But that's another thread.

[/quote]

Toes!

[quote="vjnycguy, post:15, topic:294349"]
Usually I will have my normal rosary but I keep it my pocket. The rosary isn't something that should be used as jewelry.

[/quote]

It's not meant to be "jewelry," its a rosary ring not a wedding ring and it is very practical as a prayer device.

If the OP is wondering, you can buy one cheaply from this ebay store:

myworld.ebay.com/thehouseofrosaries?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:CA:1181

This thread reminded me that I wanted to get one so I ordered one for 6$ + free shipping.

[quote="kmo_9000, post:17, topic:294349"]
It's not meant to be "jewelry," its a rosary ring not a wedding ring and it is very practical as a prayer device.

[/quote]

I was talking about a full rosary not the ring. Someone else was talking about how gangs wear them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.