White House Counsel Pat Cipollone Closing Argument

C-SPAN

Published on Jan 28, 2020

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone: “It is time for this to end, here and now. We urge the Senate to reject these articles of impeachment for all of the reasons we have given you.” Watch full video here: https://cs.pn/30ZAPmi

3 Likes

I thought the defense counsel’s review of the house managers speaking against impeachment of a sitting president (1998-B. Clinton) was priceless. And so well done. That should be played on every TV news program because now they are the ones trying to tear the country apart and tearing up the constitution… but that’s just lawyers for you, right? They are really debaters who can switch sides on a dime…? Pro/Con what’s the diff?

To me, there was no comparison between the impeachment managers and President Trump’s defense team. President Trump’s defense team was
superb. Pat Cipollone was one of the brightest. I also
liked Kenneth Starr. I have been out of town, so I haven’t been able to watch all of it, but the Preident’s defense team hit it out of the park from what I saw.

The best comment summing up Ken Star was," Doesn’t Ken Star know he is Ken Star?

1 Like

Yes, isn’t that Lindsey Graham amazing?

1 Like

If that’s the best he has, makes me glad if I ever needed an attorney that I couldn’t afford him.

2 Likes

#FoxNews #Hannity

Cruz praises Dershowitz’s ‘powerful and compelling’ argument

Published on Jan 28, 2020

Senator Ted Cruz weighs in on impeachment trial arguments on ‘Hannity.’ #FoxNews #Hannity

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6127490388001?playlist_id=930909813001#sp=show-clips

LOL… Ted Cruz praised him…that’s the best endorsement FOX has? I thought POTUS claimed Ted Cruz’s father was involved in the Kennedy killing? Now he’s credible, or was POTUS off base?

redal . . .

Ted Cruz praised him…that’s the best endorsement FOX has?

Ted Cruz?
FOX?

That would be what I would have predicted.

Focus on Ted Cruz, Fox News, (What? No “Hannity”??)? Yep.

But ignoring the actual arguments made here.

Trump is going to have a ," Your dad helped Oswald Day" to commemorate loyalty. Lol

Maximus1 (wanting to familiarize readers with tabloid conspiracy theories about Senator Cruz’s dad secretly helping Lee Harvey Oswald in The Kennedy assasination) . . .

Trump is going to have a ," Your dad helped Oswald Day" to commemorate loyalty. Lol

Maybe Elvis can help out the Trump campaign too huh? He can meet at a burger joint in Nashville with some Trump campaign officials.

Or maybe you actually want to deal with what Senator Cruz said?

They used to say nice things about John Bolton. The flip can happen in either direction.

I take it you don’t appreciate a good debate? That’s a skill they used to teach to encourage fast thinking. It would be a compliment on a debate team… I was trying to give the house managers a compliment…

1 Like

Sure he does.
Epstein did not commit suicide.

Cruz praises Dershowitz’s ‘powerful and compelling’ argument

Now if Dershowitz could just give us a powerful and compelling argument why any of the women who had been exploited as children by Epstein would think that Dershowitz had been one of their perps, if such a horrific incident never even occurred.

https://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/crime--law/jeffrey-epstein-sex-scandal-alan-dershowitz-suffers-setback-defamation-case/VAEPYCPV7dHU

With all the wealth that Trump has and he hires Dershowitz and Star for his defense :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article214210674.html

I wanted to point out his leanings of sycophant because Trump not only insulted his wife, he also accused his dad of being involved in the Kennedy assassination. It was a feature of the GOP primary in 2016.
To praise Trump’s argument, all you need to is accept a president can do anything if he subjectively believes his own reelection is in the national interest. That is how far Dershowitz went.
Like what? Share top secrets for dirt on an opponent. Nuke codes? No limits? Absurd.

1 Like

Bolton’s PAC gives money to some of those Senators. Amazing how Trump can allow them to take checks then say," I always knew he was no good." Lol

You may have noticed that I didn’t say any such thing.

And I was fixing the fact that you didn’t similarly compliment any Republicans.

1 Like

Well said! I couldn’t agree more.He tries so hard to be relevant :roll_eyes:

Dershowitz is yucky. He admits to massages at Epstein’s but kept his underwear on.

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Maximus1 attempting to go to more tabloid politics . . . .

I wanted to point out his leanings of sycophant because Trump not only . . . .

Well I took it to mean you are attempting to deflect away from the thread which you are not addressing.

Here is the title of this thread again . . . .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.