White House: Donald Trump May Revoke Security Clearances for Former Obama Officials

This should have been done immediately after they were out of the Federal Government in my opinion.

The list includes:

Former FBI Director James Comey
Former CIA Director John Brennan
Former Director of the National Security Agency Michael Hayden
Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper
Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
Former National Security Advisor Susan Rice

Sanders responded to reporter questions after Sen. Rand Paul floated a suggestion about Trump taking away security clearances from Brennan.

Former officials retain clearance so they can advise the new administration about that has been going on in the last 4-8 years.

Former presidents also remain in the loop for a time to do the same thing, as I recall.

I would think he surely would do so. I’m surprised he hasn’t already.

Typical petty, mean-spirited, juvenile Trump. Sarah Sanders’ reference to “monetizing” public service is particularly rich, considering the fact that Trump hasn’t divested himself of his business interests or disclosed his tax returns.

That was Rand Paul who spoke of Brennan’s “monetizing” his public service. And that’s not all Rand Paul said. Here’s Paul:

"I filibustered Brennan. I tried to keep Brennan from ever being the leader of the CIA. But realize that Brennan and Clapper are known for wanting to expand the authority of the intelligence agencies to grab up everyone’s information, including Americans. So I don’t have a lot of respect for these people,”

I could not agree with Paul more.

Adding, Jared has no reason to be in the white house.

It is petty.

That’s what happens when you tell the truth about this adminstration.

In my opinion, this is a toothless threat that does nothing other than express Trump’s anger towards these gentleman and nothing more. I think that he should have better things to do and those who work for him would have better things to do also.

Rhubarb . . . .

Former officials retain clearance so they can advise the new administration . . .

OK. So President Trump was correct.

I still would have removed their security clearances a lot earlier than this and I would have downgraded them immediately.

Ridgerunner . . .

I could not agree with Paul more.

#metooIcouldnotagreewithPaulmore

Sarah Sanders used the same terminology. I believe someone has posted the video on this board.

True. The thought of Kushner in a position of authority is absurd, laughable, and terrifying at the same time.

Comey and McCabe have already had their clearances revoked. It’s telling that this administration is either so disorganized it is unaware of this or is doing some pretty desperate spin here to try to look effective.

Heeey! Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums John24!

Threatening to revoke non-existent security clearances – yep, that really makes them look effective. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Former government officials can maintain security clearances and as part of employment with certain government contractors.

LOL if you get them out of the way it makes the path easier for that traitor selling us out to the Russians.

It really should be a matter of policy/SOP that those who are no longer holding positions that require a clearance should have that clearance revoked. It is poor OPSEC (operational security) practice to fail to do so. This is especially true in political appointments as they have a tendency to leak classified information.

You just made that up. No previous administration has ever done anything like this. It is totally un-American.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.