White House, IRS exchanged confidential taxpayer info

Top Internal Revenue Service Obamacare official Sarah Hall Ingram discussed confidential taxpayer information with senior Obama White House officials, according to 2012 emails obtained by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and provided to The Daily Caller.

Lois Lerner, then head of the IRS Tax Exempt Organizations division, also received an email alongside White House officials that contained confidential information.

Ingram attempted to counsel the White House on a lawsuit from religious organizations opposing Obamacare’s contraception mandate. Email exchanges involving Ingram and White House officials — including White House health policy advisor Ellen Montz and deputy assistant to the president for health policy Jeanne Lambrew — contained confidential taxpayer information, according to Oversight.

Read more: dailycaller.com/2013/10/09/white-house-irs-exchanged-confidential-taxpayer-info/#ixzz2hFb3yGVI

So is it finally time for an IP?

[quote="SamH, post:1, topic:341611"]

[/quote]

By IP I'll assume you mean Independent Prosecutor. Welllll........

That would be so racist!!!!! Repubs don’t have the guts.

[quote="SamH, post:1, topic:341611"]

[/quote]

Well past time. However, it is my understanding the attorney general has to do the appointing. If so, nothing will ever be investigated.

[quote="Ridgerunner, post:3, topic:341611"]
Well past time. However, it is my understanding the attorney general has to do the appointing. If so, nothing will ever be investigated.

[/quote]

Does Obama really want this hanging over his head AFTER he leaves office. It sounds like several people are looking at felonies.

[quote="stevegravy, post:2, topic:341611"]
By IP I'll assume you mean Independent Prosecutor. Welllll........

That would be so racist!!!!! Repubs don’t have the guts.

[/quote]

Maybe they are getting stronger. They're standing up to Obama now.

[quote="Ridgerunner, post:3, topic:341611"]

[/quote]

This administration is well beyond Nixonian. Nixon was a piker in comparison.

And back then AGs had the guts or integrity to resign (Kleindienst) when caught in a scandal (Watergate)...the current AG should have done so a long time back (Operation Gun Runner?) in my opinion.

The situation that lead to Archibald Cox is not happening now, unless Congress begins their own investigation (preliminary to an impeachment).

There have been so many "Gates" that I can't keep track of them in this admin. :shrug:

It has been suspected the IRS scandal went all the way to the White House and it now looks like that suspicion has been confirmed.

Obama almost has as many scandals as Bush now… and he’s got a couple more years to catch up!

Ugh, I really think that the Obama administration is the worst administration the United States has ever had. This government has become so authoritarian, if not totalitarian, its disgusting. :(:mad:

[quote="VeritasLuxMea, post:8, topic:341611"]
Obama almost has as many scandals as Bush now.. and he's got a couple more years to catch up!

[/quote]

Bush scandals:confused:

[quote="Holly3278, post:9, topic:341611"]
Ugh, I really think that the Obama administration is the worst administration the United States has ever had. This government has become so authoritarian, if not totalitarian, its disgusting. :(:mad:

[/quote]

Agree with you Holly. It's almost frightening. I keep hoping the media or Congress or SOMEONE will be able to break through, get the information and hold Obama and his administration accountable for the various scandals----the list gets longer and longer! So far he's been able to do this bob and weave, dodge the bullet routine.

But looking back it was a relatively long time to get Nixon called out and that was when the media WAS trying to pin anything on him rather than the protection ring Obama has built.

As to the SP, my understanding is that they are delaying this because once the SP is named, the whole case goes underground and Congress no longer has the ability to call witnesses, or to get information. What I believe they are doing is getting the maximum amount of information before turning over to the SP so nothing gets buried.

There is apparently a relatively credible source that calculated the thwarting of Tea Party and other Constitutional groups was enough to swing the election to Obama. He was only able to get elected in the vacuum of no information. The vast majority of LIV voted for an illusion, not the actual candidate Obama. I'd have people tell me with a straight face that he was a "centrist" (the man is slightly to the left of Chairman Mao!) or that he was a uniting figure who could bring all facets of America together. Obviously they read bumper stickers to make their decisions :mad:

Lisa

“Free speech” zones, Halliburton contracts, Iraqi WMDs, misrepresentation of intelligence which led us to invade Iraq in the first place, the Vice President shooting a friend in the face while he was supposed to be shooting at doves tied to the ground…

I freely admit - I’m no fan of Bush (W or not). I think Obama was the Democrat’s attempt to grab a “first” in an election they knew they couldn’t lose, and he has been a disaster on a scale unimaginable 10 years ago.

Honestly, I can’t think of a single president who has held office since 1988 that I would allow within 100 miles of the reins of power again.

[quote="Monkey1976, post:12, topic:341611"]
"Free speech" zones, Halliburton contracts, Iraqi WMDs, misrepresentation of intelligence which led us to invade Iraq in the first place, the Vice President shooting a friend in the face while he was supposed to be shooting at doves tied to the ground...

I freely admit - I'm no fan of Bush (W or not). I think Obama was the Democrat's attempt to grab a "first" in an election they knew they couldn't lose, and he has been a disaster on a scale unimaginable 10 years ago.

Honestly, I can't think of a single president who has held office since 1988 that I would allow within 100 miles of the reins of power again.

[/quote]

Wow those are interesting examples of scandal....a shooting accident, intelligence that was accepted by Democrats as well as Republicans when it was apparently incomplete or incorrect, and Haliburton? Maybe you can toss in the Koch Brothers? I am sure there is some scandal regarding them and it's all Bush's fault.

This is in contrast to a clear pattern of corruption, cronyism, dishonesty, secretive back door deals and arm twisting. That's a scandal. Having a VP with a bad aim is not.:shrug:

Lisa

"Free speech" zones, Halliburton contracts, Iraqi WMDs, misrepresentation of intelligence which led us to invade Iraq in the first place, the Vice President shooting a friend in the face while he was supposed to be shooting at doves tied to the ground...

[/quote]

Cheney shooting someone is Bush's fault? Bush did not misrepresent WMD's.

These are nothing compared to what Obama has done and continues to do. It seems everyday new information is coming out.

[quote="LisaA, post:13, topic:341611"]
Wow those are interesting examples of scandal....a shooting accident, intelligence that was accepted by Democrats as well as Republicans when it was apparently incomplete or incorrect, and Haliburton? Maybe you can toss in the Koch Brothers? I am sure there is some scandal regarding them and it's all Bush's fault.

This is in contrast to a clear pattern of corruption, cronyism, dishonesty, secretive back door deals and arm twisting. That's a scandal. Having a VP with a bad aim is not.:shrug:

Lisa

[/quote]

You said it better than I.

[quote="LisaA, post:13, topic:341611"]

Lisa

[/quote]

When that VP is a major shareholder of the company contracted to "rebuild Iraq" following an invasion based on intelligence that was known to be false, I'd call that a scandal. I am far from saying that the current administration is any better - I'm just saying that "Dubya" isn't quite the hero the Republican Party has made him out to be.

If we want our leadership of this country to improve, we need to stop viewing those with whom we might share a party affiliation with rose-colored glasses. None of the past few presidents have distinguished themselves through ethical behavior or any particular leadership qualities. Just because the current incumbent is the worst of the lot doesn't make the rest into paragons of virtue.

[quote="Monkey1976, post:16, topic:341611"]
When that VP is a major shareholder of the company contracted to "rebuild Iraq" following an invasion based on intelligence that was known to be false, I'd call that a scandal. I am far from saying that the current administration is any better - I'm just saying that "Dubya" isn't quite the hero the Republican Party has made him out to be.

If we want our leadership of this country to improve, we need to stop viewing those with whom we might share a party affiliation with rose-colored glasses. None of the past few presidents have distinguished themselves through ethical behavior or any particular leadership qualities.

[/quote]

Just curious - what VP was that?

I freely admit - I'm no fan of Bush (W or not). I think Obama was the Democrat's attempt to grab a "first" in an election they knew they couldn't lose, and he has been a disaster on a scale unimaginable 10 years ago.

Honestly, I can't think of a single president who has held office since 1988 that I would allow within 100 miles of the reins of power again.

[/quote]

If Halliburton contracts are an issue - isn't that a Clinton scandle?

[/quote]

These weren't scandals,except n the eyes of the leftist media who promoted them as such.Bush went into Iraq with the same info that John Kerry,Hiliary Clinton et all has and supported this war effort.....that is until they were against it!:rolleyes:
How is Cheney's accidental shooting of a hunting partner,one, a scandal to begin with, and regardless how in the world would that have been Bush's fault....boy you libs really do blame him for everything don't ya?:eek:

[quote="Michael57, post:6, topic:341611"]
This administration is well beyond Nixonian. Nixon was a piker in comparison.

And back then AGs had the guts or integrity to resign (Kleindienst) when caught in a scandal (Watergate)...the current AG should have done so a long time back (Operation Gun Runner?) in my opinion.

The situation that lead to Archibald Cox is not happening now, unless Congress begins their own investigation (preliminary to an impeachment).

There have been so many "Gates" that I can't keep track of them in this admin. :shrug:

[/quote]

Agreed. Nixon knew about a wire tap after the fact and loses the presidency, Obama activily wire taps the entire nation and the press goes silent.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.