White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

The CIA’s top officer in Kabul was exposed Saturday by the White House when his name was inadvertently included on a list provided to news organizations of senior U.S. officials participating in President Obama’s surprise visit with U.S. troops.

The White House recognized the mistake and quickly issued a revised list that did not include the individual, who had been identified on the initial release as the “Chief of Station” in Kabul, a designation used by the CIA for its highest-ranking spy in a country.

More: washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/white-house-mistakenly-identifies-cia-chief-in-afghanistan/2014/05/25/ac8e80cc-e444-11e3-8f90-73e071f3d637_story.html

:doh2:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Wow. Is our government really this incompetent?

Based on 5 years of evidence, yes.

Yes it is. But more specifically the Obama administration.

Ishii

I would have to agree with you. The Obama administration has definitely not been a good one. I would have to say that he is one of the worst presidents we’ve ever had. However, I don’t hate him at all. I love him but with a Christian love. I hope and pray that someday he converts to Catholicism. I’d love to see him in Heaven someday.

It’s ok. It’s not like Afghanistan is a dangerous place or anything. :rolleyes:

Where are all the journalists who screamed bloody murder about Valerie Plame who had a desk job?

Other than his wife and children’s lives being threatened, I am not sure what the fuss is all about…

The Plame affair was the the first thing that came to mind.

So which is worse?
An administration like this or a population that put it in power twice.

Isn’t the fact that his wife and children’s lives will be threatened enough to condemn this mistaken disclosure? Granted it was a mistake but it was a very serious one and it could very well put lives at risk.

I was being sarcastic. This is more amateurish behavior from the organizer in chief and his lackeys.

Like was said, where is the outrage like there was with Plame?

Or a media which didn’t do their duty to inform the public on the nature of the Obama administration? They are all bad. The election of Obama is a symptom of how far our country has slid - so many seem more concerned about what the Kardashian’s are doing rather than what Obama is doing. But the worst is the media - they have been the protectors of Obama and the Democrats.

Ishii

The Plame affair was political retribution.

As opposed to sheer incompetence. Interesting distinction.

Ishii

So as long as your screwups are unintentional, liberals will not care?

Accidents happen.

Apparently very often with this administration.

Fast and Furious
IRS scandal
Benghazi
Veteran’s Administration
Obamacare rollout

It seems Obama partisans are very forgiving of “accidents.”

Ishii

Is that all? I’d say he’s doing quite well then.

It seems those who blindly hate the President completely lack perspective.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.