White House wants to add new racial category for Middle Eastern people

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

The Caucasian race (also Caucasoid,[1] or Europid[2]) is a grouping of human beings historically regarded as a biological taxon, including some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, Central Asia and South Asia.[3] The term has been used in biological anthropology for many people from these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.[4] First introduced in early racial science and anthropometry, the term denoted one of the three purported major races of humankind (Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid).[5] Many social scientists have argued that such analyses are rooted in sociopolitical and historical processes rather than in empirical observation.[6] However, Caucasoid as a biological classification remains in use in forensic anthropology.[7]

The article includes a map showing each “race’s” territory.

So if someone in the US has both Sub-Saharan African and European ancestors, are they Caucasian/White or African American/black or both? Or if someone has both Scottish ancestors and Japanese ancestors, what race are they? Maybe they should just get rid of racial categories in the census.

:thumbsup:

That Middle Easterners are “Caucasians” is predated on archaic racial constructs that many anthropologists / biologists would say has very little value in this day and age. From what I’ve read, recent genetic studies show that all non-Africans (Europeans, Asians, native peoples of the Americas, etc.) are very closely related, descending from a small group of humans that left Africa. Within Africa itself you see far greater genetic diversity. Group A of Africans may be far from distinct from Group B of Africans than Europeans are from say East Asians.

Not all Caucasians are “white.” “White” typically means European. But Caucasian doesn’t have anything to do with skin color. Its has is mostly based on hair and bone structure. Skin color is mainly a result of environmental factors. The closer to the equator, the darker the skin becomes over the generations.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Caucasus_regions_map2.png

If you look at the Caucasus Region, it includes Azerbaijan & Armenia. People from Azerbaijan and Armenia “look like” stereotypically Middle Eastern people.

differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-white-and-caucasian/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race
differencebetween.info/difference-between-white-and-caucasian
mentalfloss.com/article/50202/why-are-white-people-called-caucasian
farm5.staticflickr.com/4140/4933641098_3945509cab_z.jpg
img15.deviantart.net/9c12/i/2013/277/0/6/the_glorious_races_of_the_world_map_by_generalhelghast-d6p27rr.png
2static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/b9/16/b91615_5844609.jpg

More reason why the federal govt should stop asking the question. It is becoming more and more common to have ancestors from different parts of the world. I know several people who have one European and one Japanese parent, and several people who have one European & one Black parent.

Instead of adding race categories, we should be removing them all together.

I have a major issue with Hispanic. My mother is Puerto Rican and can obviously select Hispanic. However, she also has Native American blood, as two of my great-grandparents were part “Native American” from a Caribbean tribe.

Furthermore, I don’t speak Spanish. I wasn’t raised with Spanish culture. I have an Italian last name and I have an English first name. I would never pick Hispanic, even though my mother could. Yet, other like to tell me I’m Hispanic. In which I respond with I have more in common with my Italian heritage (which was just my paternal great-grandfather) than I do with my Spanish heritage which comes from my mother. And I obviously have far more in common with my English heritage that I’ve received from my paternal grandmother…

So what am I? White or Hispanic? I always select white, but some people have the gull to tell me I’m wrong. :shrug:

Again, we should remove it all and focus on one thing… being Americans.

Well, I empatically do not believe that Soros’ motivations are benevolent in any way, shape or form, but he may have unintentionally done something good. The U.S. and it’s allies are responsible for displacing these populations, so it’s only right that we should attempt to help some of them. But we can be sure that it will cause problems, too. Refugees entering The Great Satan aren’t about to embrace our toxic culture, so the process of acculturation will be slow. And there will also be a certain amount of terrorism, whether real or wholly contrived out of thin air. And I agree with Ridgerunner. President Clinton will very likely raise the number, but, again, I don’t believe it will be out of any sensee of compassion on her part. It will be to increase the police state, increase the domestic and foreign surveillance apparatus and to justify foreign wars. Manafactured chaos seems to be the preferred tactic of globalists, and we can be certain beyond any doubt that some think tank somewhere has worked out all the angles.

LOL! The last thing we need is another racial category. They need to be getting rid of the ones we have already, not add more.

I totally agree! :thumbsup:

I agree, I never check that box. I either leave it blank or choose prefer not to say. I feel like what difference does it make?

That’s what I think is wrong. I don’t think statistics should be gathered by “race” at all but by income level and region and things like that.

Exactly! LOL. :thumbsup:

Amen! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.