White House Watch: Clinton Surges Following Trump Video

Republican nominee Donald Trump has been clobbered in the White House Watch survey following the release of a video showing him discussing women in graphic sexual detail.

Rasmussen Reports’ latest national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds that Democrat Hillary Clinton has now jumped out to a seven-point lead – 45% to 38% - over Trump. On Friday, the two were in a virtual tie – Clinton 43%, Trump 42%.

rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch_oct10

The tiny chance Trump had previously is non-existannt at this point.

This poll was done pre-debate. Any pre-debate poll, while it may be a bit interesting, may have completely different numbers by the end of the week based on the debate etc.

He may have stopped the bleeding but I don’t see a surge for Trump by the end of the week happening. My guess is that the number may well look worse for Trump by the end of the week.

I don’t know what’s going to happen. Maybe this is an overstatement, but his entire campaign looked like it may have been coming to a close on Saturday, and now he came back with the debate performance that he did, he is back in the race.

Since the first debate a serious of issues have hurt his campaign, some of it self inflicted and that’s impacting him in the pre debate polls probably. He’s comeback from being down the polls before after having scandals before so time will tell.

Not sure which “debate” you were watching. But Trump didn’t do himself any favors last night. He also didn’t answer a single question.

He answered the question about supreme court justices very well - those who will uphold the US Constitution … as opposed to Hilary who will appoint justices who will continue the slaughter of innocents and who look to other sources :shrug:

So which debate did you watch? - unless - of course - aborting babies is not abhorrent to you or is it an outcome you desire

And please do not blather about how Trump might not deliver on his promise … because I am pretty sure Hilary will deliver 100% …

I find it interesting how you’re equating “upholding the US Constitution” with somehow being solidly an anti-abortion position.

I see a difference in the responses to Trump’s performance from the first debate compared to the second debate. I saw a clip on twitter even of Joe Scarborough of MSNBC talk about Trump’s performance and he’s probably been plenty critical of Trump in the past, and even he talked up Trump’s debate performance,

youtube.com/watch?v=881aDDE5qFY
This priest just nailed it. If only more priests weren’t afraid to speak the truth.

Trump reiterated in the debate the list of potential justices he would pick from - and they are pro-Life or accepted as being pro-life and get high praise from a variety of pro-Life organizations both Catholic and non Catholic … even if he did not specifically mention the words pro-Life

Hilary specifically stated in no uncertain terms that she would appoint justices who would uphold Roe v Wade … specifically used the words a woman’s right to choose [and that choice is to end the life of an unborn child] - That includes right up to the point of being born even as Hilary mentioned she wanted justices who would over turn some ‘bad’ decisions which means we could loose what small gains have been made …

That was the debate on the question of US Supreme Court Justices … and you can like her answer - why would that be? -

But for me - it was an evil one and not a “winning” one from my perspective

One potentially pro-life statement does not make him the winner of the debate.

Trump is incapable of beating Hillary, or indeed most people, in a debate; he is far too volatile with an ego the size of the White House.

You don’t have to ever plan of voting for Hillary to be objective and acknowledge that she is more articulate and coherent and can actually make points when asked a question, even if they are vague non-answers. One can disagree with her pro-choice stance and reject her, but acknowledge that Trump couldn’t talk well to save his life.

Any other Rep. candidate would be able to fight it out with her and probably win hands down. Too bad they chose the only person that couldn’t beat her.

Might be. But smoothness (dare I say “slickness”) is not necessarily a good qualification for an office, the major function of which is to get good advice, make decisions, negotiate innumerable resolutions.

And frankly, I’m not sure some other Repub could have done better overall. Having no policy successes to point to, the Dems are reduced to character assassination. Trump gives them fodder, but if some candidate didn’t, they would just invent it or spin some fairly innocuous thing into a major condemnation, like they did with Romney.

Having said that, I have no particular reason to think the voters really understand what an executive does, if he/she does it well. Selling influence is not one of them because it results in a tangle that eventually becomes impossible to fix. The false executive might make off with a lot of money, but it’s bad for the institution itself.

I think most Americans realize Hillary is corrupt. But somehow a lot of people think somehow it will be different “this time”.

I generally agree with this, but I think Trump’s manner of communication is one factor that has brought him this far. Rightly or wrongly, he’s perceived by many as being down to earth and “one of the guys,” while normal politicians are seen as being big baloney sandwiches. People are sick to death of slick talkers and are desperate for something they perceive as being more real.

Excellent.

Awesome!

:popcorn:

And that is exactly what the Democrats wanted. And we are falling for it sad to say. Wake up AMERICA!!! God Bless, Memaw

The Real Clear Politics Polling Average for September 28th through October 9th (yesterday) has Clinton at 48.3% and Trump at 42.5%, which is only favoring Clinton by 5.8%. This might not include all of the sexual remarks and the second debate, but it has probably overlapped with some of it since it ended yesterday.

May God bless you all! :slight_smile:

Hillary is not going to save us. Trump is not going to save us. Only God can save us.
PRAY THE ROSARY.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.