White nationalist group says it will be at Republican convention

Good news for those attending the Republican National Convention in Cleveland next month - the Skinheads will be there providing security.

A group of white nationalists and skinheads who held a rally in Sacramento over the weekend where at least five people were stabbed plans to show up at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland next month to “make sure that the Donald Trump supporters are defended.”

The violent clash at the California state Capitol accentuates concerns about the Republican National Convention, with political tensions high and thousands of pro- and anti-Trump protesters expected to descend on Cleveland.

“I think everybody is concerned about the potential for violence at the convention,” said Ryan Lenz, senior writer for the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks extremists and hate groups.

Sunday’s mayhem in Sacramento began as the white nationalist group Traditionalist Worker Party, along with the Golden State Skinheads, were setting up for a state Capitol rally the group characterized as a response to aggression against supporters of presumptive GOP presidential nominee Trump.

Traditionalist Worker Party spokesman Matt Parrott, who blamed the anti-fascists for the riot, said about 30 members of his group would come to Cleveland.

“We’re essentially just going to show up and make sure that the Donald Trump supporters are defended from the leftist thugs,” he said.

Parrott said he expected Cleveland police to largely prevent violence with heavy security, although “there might be a couple of isolated skirmishes.”

“You’re going to have a relatively civil event where you’re going to have the leftists protesting Trump and you’re going to have us arguing up against the leftists,” he predicted. “And you’re going to have the police there ensuring that you’re going to have a first world situation and not some sort of ‘Gangs of New York’ knife fight.”

Someone should take them bowling.

I’m sure the cops will be ready for them and make them stand in some kind of queued-up group like the radical leftist groups.

But Democrat media will enjoy showing the skinheads on tv holding Trump signs.

It troubles me that liberals don’t see that it is their own supporters instigating violence at Trump and other political rallies that gives people like this an opening. Trump supporters aren’t launching violent attacks at Clinton or Sanders rallies.

Actually I suspect Democrats will hire skinheads to hold up Trump signs.

Well that’s an invincible argument.

Wont be the first time:

abcnews.com.co/donald-trump-protester-speaks-out-i-was-paid-to-protest/

“Let’s not indulge the fantasy that Trump supporters are completely passive victims of a liberal conspiracy to physically intimidate them from exercising their constitutional rights. See, in a Democracy, people also have the right to peacefully protest Donald Trump rallies. That right includes the right to say things that are offensive to Trump supporters (just the same way that Trump’s comments offend the protesters). The right to free assembly and free speech is a two way street. And by far the largest share of the physical violence that has erupted during this campaign season has been instigated by Trump supporters and directed at nonviolent protesters.”

“For instance, a couple weeks ago in San Diego, before the ugly San Jose scene (for which the San Jose PD bears no small amount of blame), Trump supporters were caught on film pepper spraying non violent protesters. You can see from this video that the protester in question is exchanging words with a Trump supporter in a non violent fashion. The crowd shifts and the protester trips and falls to the ground. Two Trump supporters pull out their pepper spray and began indiscriminately pepper spraying everyone on the “protester” side of the line.”

redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/06/06/trump-supporters-pepper-spray-non-violent-protesters-video/

“A Donald Trump supporter has been charged with assault after multiple videos showed him sucker-punching a protester at a campaign rally in Fayetteville, N.C.”

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/10/trump-protester-sucker-punched-at-north-carolina-rally-videos-show/

“The instant Trump finished this 20-second riff, one of his supporters — identified later by the Tucson police as Tony Pettway, 32 — ripped a poster from the hands of the male protester, punched him in the face, wrestled him to the ground, and kicked him repeatedly.”

theintercept.com/2016/03/21/video-shows-donald-trump-incites-violence/

And then there has been the candidate’s role himself in inciting violence.

cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/03/12/donald-trump-rallies-violence-protests-mashup-lv.cnn

There’s violence on both sides which isn’t surprising considering how angry everyone is. I thought it was a bit telling that in confession yesterday the priest focused on my confession of anger. I think we need to check ourselves or we can be unknowingly playing into this ugliness.

I read about this a couple days ago and quite frankly it sounds very suspicious. The rival groups that engaged in a large scale bloody brawl at California’s capitol building are now planning a rematch at the RNC in Cleveland next month where Donald Trump hopes to be receiving his party’s nomination. A thing like this could easily turn into a media circus and overshadow the nomination.

In all these cases, it’s Clinton/Sanders supporters disrupting Trump events, not Trump supporters disrupting Clinton/Sanders events. It should be noted, that these are private events. The people disrupting them don’t have a right to be there. These are the people that are instigating violence. Liberals have been getting in people’s faces for years now, with no push back. Trump supporters aren’t afraid to push back. Liberals are used to George Will types. George Will is never going to push back, he might get his bow tie or elbow patches wrinkled. Trump supporters are military veterans (infantry guys, not JAG lawyers, talking to you David French), and truck drivers, and construction workers. People who aren’t going to tolerate some dope smoking FM type crashing their party.

If you come into my party and start harassing my guests, whose fault is it when you get a bloody nose?

It appears that they are trying to inject fascism into the Republican Party.

It’s the fault of the person that did the punching, throwing, shooting, etc. There’s no justification for violence at a political rally. Whoever throws the first punch is wrong, whoever retaliates is just as wrong. Unless you are directly saving yourself someone else from violence in a proportionate way, you are wrong.

If you feel like punching people in the nose because you are annoyed at their political beliefs or that they are exercising their freedom of speech then you are wrong.

How many incidents of trump Supporters disrupting Clinton or Sanders rallies have there been?

So, was Jesus wrong when he drove out the money changers? They were non-violently conducting their business when Jesus started turning over their tables and hitting them with a whip.

Always the one example of Jesus that people use.

Are these rallies happening inside God’s Temple or Church? If they were inside the basilica, then I think this would be a valid comparison. Otherwise it does not make a good rationalization for violence.

I think that’s wonderful. It shows the Republican Party has a big tent and is all-inclusive. Welcome Skinheads!

It is useful for dealing with the “violence is never the answer” school of Christianity. I must confess to being partial to the one where the mob brings him the adulterous woman too.

So, it’s okay to punch someone if they’re bothering you, as long as it’s in Church?:shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.