Who are some of your most favorite actors/actresses?

I would just like to know if any of you all share the same favorite actors as I do, being the huge movie geek that I am!:)

My favorite actor is Christian Bale!
Followed by closely with Jim Caviezel!

And then some others:
Timothy Dalton
Eduardo Verastegui
Robert Downey Jr
Paul Newman
Sidney Poitier

I have others, but these are my main favorites!

Christopher Lloyd

David Suchet

They can change their faces to suit the roles they are playing.

When I looked for them in a couple of productions, I couldn't find them ... until I realized they were full screen much of the time. They were that good and that unrecognizable.

James Patrick Caviezel, Jr. ... who payed a huge penalty for playing the role of Jesus in "The Passion of the Christ" ... and he knew it was going to hurt his career going in.

Mark Harmon ... for the easy-going way he plays in NCIS.

[quote="Monte_RCMS, post:2, topic:238798"]

Mark Harmon ... for the easy-going way he plays in NCIS.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Johnny Depp
Christian Bale
Ewan McGregor
Nicole Kidman
Julia Roberts

Steffanie Germanota, the actress portraying Lady Gaga
(I'm just kidding :D)

There are some others, whom I can't remember at the moment.

Actors:
Christoph Waltz
Michael Fassbender
Michael Nyquvist
Carey Grant
Montgomery Cliff
Christian Bale

Actress:
Helen Mirren
Noomi Rapace
Susan Sarandon
Carey Mulligan

-Actor-
Al Pacino
Robert De Niro
Jack Nicholson
Johnny Depp
Robert Downey Jr
Joaquin Phoenix

-Actress-
Kathy Bates
Salma Hayek
Natalie Portman
Scarlett Johansson
Cate Blanchet
Helen Mirren

I watch TCM a lot and for an actor who is able to be convincing in a wide range of roles you can't beat Claude Rains. He is one who lets the part take him over--rather than letting his own personality take over the part so they are indistinguishable (like John Wayne for instance). Often in Rains' films you forget he is the one who played that particular role. A modern day actor who seems to have some of that capability is Gabriel Byrne.

-Actors-
Matt Damon
Christian Bale
Steve Mcqueen
Yul Brynner
Harrison Ford

-Actresses-
Talia Shire
Audrey Hepburn

[quote="puzzleannie, post:7, topic:238798"]
I watch TCM a lot and for an actor who is able to be convincing in a wide range of roles you can't beat Claude Rains. He is one who lets the part take him over--rather than letting his own personality take over the part so they are indistinguishable (like John Wayne for instance). Often in Rains' films you forget he is the one who played that particular role. A modern day actor who seems to have some of that capability is Gabriel Byrne.

[/quote]

I'll second Claude Raines. In his first film The Invisible Man he had to rely solely on his voice to provide the character.

Tom Hanks
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sylvester Stallone
Rodrigo Santoro (Lost, 300, I Love You Philip Morris)
Michael J. Fox]
Robert Downey Jr
Christian Bale

Keira Knightley
Fernanda Montenegro (Central Station)
Alice Braga (I Am Legend, Predadors, Blindness)
Jennifer Lopez

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.