who are that dogs?

hi ,this topic about a situation in the bible that no muslim do believe it ,we believe that its a lie told about prophet isa peace be upon him
and i wanna discuss it :slight_smile:
Matthew 15:22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”

27"Yes, Lord," she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.”

28Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

You thinks it’s lie, Christians don’t. Is there anything I can say to change your mind? I doubt it. Is there anything you will say to change my mind? No. What’s to discuss?

just tell me what does “Dogs” refer to in these verses ?

[quote=Fr. Charles Irvin]Then comes the second movement. The woman presses in on Jesus and falling on her knees in front of Him she cries out, “Lord, help me.”

For her second effort Jesus tells her, “It is not right to take the food of the children and throw it to the dogs.”

How utterly humiliating. In effect He was calling her a dog! Her humility was turned into what appeared to be a terrible humiliation. People in the Middle East are very sensitive to such things.

Then comes the final movement. Now, in abject humility with her face in the dirt, stripped of her dignity, having abandoned her own religious background, she has nothing left, not even her pride. “Please, Lord,” she softly insists, “even the dogs eat the scraps that fall from the table of their masters.”

What the Canaanite woman is saying is that she doesn’t deserve anything, “but how about giving me scraps that accidentally fall from your abundance?”

With that, the heart of Jesus is vanquished. The scene would be repeated later at the end of His life. His own humiliation and abandonment would, connected as it was with the Last Supper, play out in a way strikingly similar to this account.

The key that unlocks the mystery contained in this verbal duel is to recognize that Jesus saw in this Canaanite woman a reality that she didn’t even see herself. He saw in her a faith that could withstand any assault; a love that was divine; a hope that could not be shaken. He tested her mettle and she found something within herself that she didn’t know even existed. Joined into the humiliation of Christ, she transcended ordinary humanity and came into a level of life that was God’s. Her three-step journey in faith mirrored Christ’s.
[/quote]

(emphasis added)

Homily on Isaiah 56:1,6-7; Romans 11:13-15,29-32; Matthew 15:21-28

DISCLAIMER - I am not infallible. The good Father who spoke this homily makes no such claim to infallibility either.

oh did you read what is written?
what if prophet muhammad said about nonmuslims to be dog so that he convince them to be a muslims as that writer said about christ ?
is that the way to preach your religion by insulting ppl?
we differ with you
here is an order to us how to preach our religion ,its order of allah to us
"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching."
Quran 16:125

as I said in post 2:

What’s to discuss?

I do like your quote, however. “Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching.” That’s nice. Is that from the Qur’an? I know this is: [2.190] …fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you…[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

Back to post #2

thanx you proved my side :slight_smile:

يالها اسشات

If it makes you feel any better, the word used here was kunarion, which means a little dog–like a puppy–that would have been kept in the house as a pet.

The word for an adult dog would be kuon, and that would be an insult, as it also means a person that is stupid and impudent. See Matthew 7:6.

do you know what you typed? its nothing it dont have meaning
just o (اسشاتisnt right spelling)

Dogs

Not a hard claim for you to make since no one knows what your “side” is.

no comment recheck what is in the bible :slight_smile:

No. But a good way is to show people the wickedness of their own hearts. Like showing the way some hide and lie about certain parts of their religious doctrine. If they are insulted by truth, it just shows they prefer darkness to light because their deeds are evil.

It is only when someone shows you how evil and corrupt your own heart is that you recognize the value of what the Living Christ Jesus offers you.

i said refer , if you really say that it refer to dogs ,nothing i can do with you ,you feel a shame of what your book say and thats enough

did he ?where is that?:slight_smile:

My bible says dogs-what about yours.

http://www.laj-bus-assoc.com/photos/dog-08.gif

I did that right before I wrote the post;)

Two different Greek words with two different meanings.

Are you claiming to be unaware of the difference in Jesus ministry before and after his rejection by “the lost sheep of Israel.”

When his disciples were accused of “harvesting” on the Sabbath.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.