Who are the offspring of the serpent?

Genesis7:
13 The LORD God then asked the woman, “Why did you do such a thing?” The woman answered, "The serpent tricked me into it, so I ate it."
14 Then the LORD God said to the serpent: “Because you have done this, you shall be banned from all the animals and from all the wild creatures; On your belly shall you crawl, and dirt shall you eat all the days of your life.
15 3 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; He will strike at your head, while you strike at his heel.”

Who are the “offspring” of the serpent? I know from John 19, 26-27
[font=‘Times New Roman’]("When Jesus saw his mother 11 and the disciple there whom he loved, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son.” Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother.” And from that hour the disciple took her into his home. ") [/font]that I am a son of the woman, both Mary and Eve. Through no choice or merit of my own. I did not choose original sin, and I do not merit Mary’s love and intercession.

Who then are the offspring of the serpent? Did satan beget demons? Are some humans, not written in the book of life, the offspring of the serpent? What does that say about those people? Thier merits? Obviously he is the father of all lies, and Jesus is the truth, but is there more to the emnity between the “offspring”?

Thanks for any help
God bless

No.

Are some humans, not written in the book of life, the offspring of the serpent?

The offspring of the devil are the children of darkness - those who have the Satan as their father. The children of light are those who have God as their Father.
I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father." They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do what Abraham did, but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God; this is not what Abraham did. You do what your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.”

Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8:38-34

Darn good reply Matt! That was perfect. :clapping:

Oh, and great question, dvberte! It hadn’t really occurred to me before. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.