Who are your favorite Saints and books about them?

My favorite Saints are the Blessed Virgin Mary by far, then St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine for their brilliance and the theological and philosophical instruction given to us the Church Militant.
Who are yours?
And if you know, what are some good books to read about these Saints?
For St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine my favorite books are the Summa of the Summa by Peter Kreeft, and St. Augustine’s own work, City of God and Confessions.

God Bless

edit: Also another one of my favorite Saints is St. Athanasius the Great for his championing the Catholic Faith against Ariansim, a heresy that plagued my life as a JW until I converted.

St. Bernard of Clairvaux is my Confirmation Saint. I like Thomas Merton’s book on him: it’s called “The Last of the Fathers”.

1 Like

I really enjoyed G.K. Chesterton’s book about Aquinas even though I didn’t know much about him before.

My favorite Saint is probably St. Francis of Assisi. A really good book about him is “Richest of Poor Men: The Spirituality of St Francis of Assisi” by John Moorman.

The story of a soul is also great. St. Faustina diaries are good.

1 Like

The Apostasy That Wasn’t by Rod Bennett (not specifically about St. Athanasius but much about him in the book).

Catherine of Siena by Sigrid Undset

Edith Stein and Companions:On the Ways to Auschwitz by Fr. Paul Hamans

Four Witnesses by Rod Bennett (about early Church Fathers Clement, Ignatius, Justin Martyr and Irenaeus.

Joan of Arc by Mark Twain

1 Like

Pope St. John Paul 2

A Witness to Hope is good

1 Like

I haven’t heard of this book, but now I am going to get it. Thank you for mentioning it!

God Bless

1. St. Benedict of Nursia
    “Man of Blessing: A Life of St. Benedict,” by Carmen Acevedo Butcher

2. St. Francis of Assisi
    “God’s Fool: The Life and Times of Francis of Assisi,” by Julien Green

3. St. Therese of Lisieux
    “The Hidden Face: A Study of Therese of Lisieux,” by Ida Frederike Gorres

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.