Who are your Go-to Saints?

And Why? I go to Our Lady of Guadalupe. Idk y but she mysteriously pops up everywhere when I turn to God for help. She is my helper and gives me comfort. I also love Saint Joseph becauze I am a new Husband and Father.

Saint John of God. He was a soldier and health care worker who is a patron saint of those suffering from depression. He’s helped me get through my battle with depression and being former military, I believe he understands many of my needs.

Our Mother Mary, St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Dymphna, St. Jude and when I was having trouble with my eyes, I prayed to St. Clare Assisi.

Mary, Joseph, Therese of Lisieux, Francis of Assisi, Anthony of Padua, Augustine, Aquinas, Matthew, Pius X, John Paul II, Luke, Peter, Paul, John, Maximilian Kolbe, John Bosco, Michael the archangel, my guardian angel

Our Lady, St. Kateri, St. Teresa, St. Francis of Assisi (I’m a pet lover), St. John Neuman

Saint Bernadette Soubirous, and Saints Teresa of Avila and John of the Cross. Saint Bernadette, patron of bodily illness was instrumental in my conversion and my continuing presence upon this earth. The great Spanish mystics are patiently teaching me how to suffer. Those are the “who.” The “why” is here.

Saint Lucy :relieved:

Then Saint Joan of Arc :innocent:

Wow, that sounds rough. God Bless You!

St. John Paul II, pray for us (he’s my fav)

Aside from the Blessed Mother, I have often petitioned St. Therese and St. Jude. I believe our house was due to intercession of St. Therese. My confirmation saint is St. Monica because I admired her perseverance. I also believe I have a special patron and father figure in Pope St. Pius X. I was born on his feast day. I love that he was a champion of orthodoxy but also had a humble background and compassion for the poor.

St Monica, St Margaret, St Gianna - motherhood

St Catherine, St Gerard - pregnancy worries for friends and family as well as myself

Most Holy Theotokos and blessed Theodore Romzha!

ZP

Mary, St. Maximillan Kolbe, St. Padre Pio.

Padre Pio…not sure WHY exactly…he just caught my heart.
St. Monica…for my children
St. Therese…my confirmation saint…her Little Way is precious to me
Mary…Perfect Wife, Perfect Mother, Perfect Woman

Hi. I have recently been praying to the Blessed Mother, in the past I felt a strong connection to St Therese and also in the past I’ve tried to pray to St Padre Pio but I haven’t felt a lasting connection. Tomorrow is the feast day of the 3 archangels and right away I was excited but then I didn’t know what to do to honor them… should i do a novena etc… thanks for making me think about it.

Brother, sometimes it’s about where I’ve been and where I’m going. If you’ve ever been homeless for example, it’s rough and changes how everything in life feels even when you get out of it. Saint Benedict Joseph Labre is someone to give those feelings to for those still in the struggle.

A ”where I’m going” example, Saint Michael. If you feel like Satans bothering you, or plan on him bothering you, put some prayers out to Saint Michael.

Otherwise there are random situations I pray about and it varies on the situation at hand. Saint Dymphna is not to be underestimated but if you need her just know sometimes things take time. Her list of people to help probably gets longer by the zillisecond.

Mary my mother. St. Joseph, protector of virgins. St. Therése of Liseux—you can probably guess why. St. John Vianney, the humble saint. St. Anthony, great preacher, finder if lost things. St. Philomena, purity.

St. Anthony. I misplace things a lot. :blush: :upside_down_face:

St. Jude for me since I was a child. He always comes through! Always.

St. Frances of Rome lately. I admire how she threw herself into her role as wife and mother even though she initially had other plans for her life.

St Joseph, St Michael the Archangel, St Rita.

I’ve found myself drawn to John Bosco and John Vianney as well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.