Who can be godparents?

My best friend and his wife just had their second child, a healthy boy. They have asked my wife and me to be godparents. I am an active practicing Catholic in good standing, but my wife is Lutheran. She has been attending mass with me since we met over three years ago. She has stated multiple times that she may convert to Catholicism, but may never completely agree with Catholic Doctrine. As you can imagine, the topic of religion is a very sticky subject in our marriage, especially when it comes to receiving Eucharist. ***Can we both be godparents in the eyes of the Church? ***I have not read anything that would exclude her, but I may have missed something.

Thanks and God Bless

This link should explain the requirements for being a godparent. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
What are the requirements for godparents?**
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.