Who did you select as a Confirmation Saint?

I have really enjoyed learning about the Saints. I hope to become a Christian this year and if it is part of God’s plan become Confirmed in His church. After lots of reading I feel St. Gabriel is right for me. I’m curious to know who other folks chose. God Bless you.

3 Likes

St. Mary Magdalen

2 Likes

Dismas, the good thief, patron saint of penitent sinners and criminals! :smiley:

2 Likes

St. Michael

1 Like

Saint Monica

1 Like

I’ve read about all of them in my studies. Can’t go wrong!

St. Francis Xavier

Sort of funny story: During confirmation, we had our confirmation saint printed on our name badge so that the priest would know how to address us. For everyone else who had a confirmation saint, he was very quick. For me, he stared at the name for like 3 - 5 seconds before finally saying it. I never did ask him why he paused for so long, but my sponsor and I suspected he might have gone to mention St. Francis of Assisi and had to stop himself before saying the more popular saint’s name.

1 Like

St. Pio of Pietrelcina.

1 Like

I was also considering St. Francis de Sales. (A lot of Francis(es) and even more Johns!)
as well as St. Valentine and St. Mercurius. It was hard a difficult decision, but I am more than satisfied now. God is gracious.

1 Like

Saint Padre Pio

1 Like

I considered him because I converted from Presbyterianism.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know about that! I considered him because of my struggles and interest with information media. I believe he is the Doctor of Authors and the Press.

I chose George, because he slew a dragon.

1 Like

St. Bernard of Clairvaux.

1 Like

Interesting, like an actual Dragon? I have yet to read up on him.

St. Genesius, the actor martyr. Because I was a big theatre nerd at the time.

1 Like

I also chose St. Mary Magdalen :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s a legend that comes from the Middle Ages. St. George was really a Roman soldier who was martyred for the Faith in the year 303. As a 14 year old (and now more than twice that age) I was intrigued by the legend. Now I hold it to be an image of how my patron helps me slay spiritual dragons.

1 Like

Yeah, I know that he’s associated with writing. Given my background, though, he’s more notable to me for his struggles with predestination and helping bring many Calvinists back to the Church.

2 Likes

St Clare of Assisi

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.