Who do you wish would be beatified/canonized?

Who do you wish would be beatified/canonized? I would be really interested in reading about your choices and hope to learn about new people whose good example I can follow!

Here are mine:

Pope John Paul II.
Cardinal Stephan Wyszynski
Pater Werenfried (who founded Aid to the Church in Need)

Ven. Mary de Agreda

Solanus Casey, Detroit really needs a saint right now

Blessed Mary MacKillop, Australia’s first and only

Mary MacKillop
Blessed Mary of the Cross, in your many charitable endeavours you endured poverty, calumny, unreasonable opposition, and misunderstanding of your motives by some in your community and in ecclesiastic office.

You endured lifelong medical difficulties, culminating in strokes. None of these trials, although they caused you sorrow, prevented you from charitable works and numerous kindnesses to everyone around you, even to those who opposed you.

Mary, you witnessed that ordinary human sufferings and difficulties are experienced by the saintly amongst us. Let your experience inspire you to pray for our country and family to be truly Christian. Mary, pray that we bear our crosses as you did.

Blessed Mary, you received this affectionate prophecy from your brother Donald not long before your death: “Oh when Heaven will come, dear Mary, what a reward may be yours! And this is little, how for all eternity you may be able to pay back with His choice gifts the love that has been showered, in crosses be it, upon you in time. I have never wished to see you without the cross—and you will never be without it—no, not in eternity, but then it will be your joy and your crown, the constant reminder of all you were to your King and spouse, the Master of all the hosts of Heaven.”

Mary is also related to me by blood and by family marriage.

I would like for Teresa Bracco and Louis and Zelie Martin to all be canonized. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bishop Fulton Sheen.

Always good for there to be another Sainted Capuchin. :thumbsup:

The Venerable Servant of God Father Michael J. McGivney
(founder of the Knights of Columbus)
Prayer for the Canonization of Father Michael J. McGivney
God, our Father, protector of the poor and defender of the widow and orphan, you called your priest, Father Michael J. McGivney, to be an apostle of Christian family life and to lead the young to the generous service of their neighbor. Through the example of his life and virtue may we follow your Son, Jesus Christ, more closely, fulfilling his commandment of charity and building up his Body which is the Church. Let the inspiration of your servant prompt us to greater confidence in your love so that we may continue his work of caring for the needy and the outcast. We humbly ask that you glorify your servant Father Michael J. McGivney on earth according to the design of your holy will. Through his intercession, grant the favor I now present (here make your request). Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.

tee

Pius XII (1939-58)
Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)
Paul VI (1963-78)
John Paul I (1978)
John Paul II (1978-2005)

These are extraordinary times to be have been blessed with such saintly Popes in succession. What a great gift from Our Lady!!

Aah! I just realized that my question is grammatically totally wrong, isn’t it? :blush::doh2: Maybe it’s because it’s past midnight and I can’t think straight in correct English anymore but I’m really unsure whether it’s wrong or not. If it is, can a mod please change the thread title? :o

Pope John Paul II.

Robert F. Kennedy and Pope Pius XII.

Fr. Hugh O’Flaherty and Pope Pius XII, most definitely

Venerable Matt Talbot
matt-talbot.com/

Robert F. Kennedy

Erm, from what I’ve read, he was far from saintly. Having 11 children doesn’t count. I think he wanted to be a saint, but hadn’t achieved it at the time of his assasination.

My own candidate is Pierre Toussaint.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Toussaint

His life is so inspirational - born a slave in Haiti, he became a wealthy man, and one of the most charitable people in New York. He was a good husband and he and his wife adopted their niece. I really would like to see more married saints.

Elisabeth Leseur, a married French woman who lived in Paris until her death in 1914.

She silently offered all her sufferings for the conversion of her atheist husband, Felix.

After her death, Felix read Elisabeth’s spiritual diary amazon.com/Secret-Diary-Elisabeth-Leseur-Goodness/dp/1928832482/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230475024&sr=1-1, and was converted and eventually became a priest.

She is an amazing model for those of us who are praying for the conversion of our spouses.

Unfortunately the cause for her beatification has been dropped because of the lack of personnel/funds to keep it going. (There’s a lot of work that goes into the process.)

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha.

Really? I’m not an expert on him, but I know he was passionate about civil rights and social justice, and he was a very devout Catholic.

Yeah, that’s another one that I’d want.

Pope John Paul II

Pope Pius XII

Bishop Fulton Sheen

Pope Pius IX
Pope Leo XIII
Pope Benedict XV
Melanie Calvat
Lucia DosSantos
Josyf Slipiy
Jacques Marquette

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.