Who goes to heaven?

Hello, my question is simply who goes to heaven?

I have been reading up about suicides and the questions surrounding their reception in the after life. It then struck me that only well adjusted people who have happy and contented lives seem to make the grade. Because anyone who has major struggles with their live will therfore have major problems with their relationship with God and according to all the logic I have come accross, this will only serve to increase the distance between you and God.
I find this logic seriously flawed for several reasons, didn't Jesus come to save the vulnerable and lost? Is God so punative he would not embrace those who desperately need his love more then others? The pain that people must feel at a time when the would committ suicide is beyond what most people can even imagine, wouldn't God understand that and hold them with his love regardless of the rejection they might be experiencing due to their pain and suffering?
Anyway I just come away with the idea that Heaven is geanrally considered for those who have healthy lives with little to know real problems, one where they question their faith in God and their fellow man. This just doen't seem to be fair or right to me. I would very much like to read your opinions on this. Thank you.

The following link links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church's teaching on the salvation of those who commit suicide. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Is my grandmother in hell because she committed suicide?
*] Can culpability be completely mitigated in a suicide?
*] How do I answer my children's questions about suicide?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.