Who goes to Hell? (All Religions Please Answer)

Hey Guys!

I thought this would be an interesting topic, Who Goes to Hell?

Now, Your answers should not be judgmental and the purpose of asking this is not to judge people, but to study our religious texts on the subject of a “Place where the bad people go after death”

My stance is that some people do go to hell and it seems to be eternal:

Revelation 20:

10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

It seems to me that the Lake of Fire = Eternal Punishment and that Satan, the Beast, the False Profit, the Fallen Angels, and some People on this earth will definitely be going there and that the punishment does not end. I think Jesus reiterates this point:

Mark 9:47-49

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where
" ‘their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched
.’[a] 49Everyone will be salted with fire.

It seems that Jesus is talking about regular people who are sinners that can go to hell and the statements he uses are Eternal statements. It also seems to match the Eternal Punishment that is described in Revelations where “They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever” is talking about the Beast, the False Proffit, and Lucifer/Satan/Belial and
"Everyone will be salted with fire." is describing the evil trinity above + All People thrown into the lake.

** In the name of Allah , the Most Gracious , Ever Merciful **

http://theislampath.com/smf/Smileys/default/salam.gif

Those who take other deity besides God , they will be in fire forever .

Do then those who disbelieve think that they can take My slaves (i.e., the angels, Allahs Messengers, Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), etc.) as Auliya (lords, gods, protectors, etc.) besides Me? Verily, We have prepared hell as an entertainment for the disbelievers (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism).

( سورة الكهف , Al-Kahf, Chapter #18, Verse #102)

Muslims got to “tell it like it is”.

Are you saying you believe all Christians go to hell?

I know I go to Muslim hell because I worship Jesus Christ as God.

Jesus is God, Mohammed is a Man, Allah is NOT the Father.

God is the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen.

Hence, I go to Muslim Hell.

Even though Agnosticism isn’t a religion, I’ll go ahead and jump in because this is a fun topic. :slight_smile:

I personally don’t believe that a Hell exists, but granted that it does, I think it would be those with a heavy heart; anybody who dies unhappily or with guilt are those who have the afterlife in suffering (not hellfire or darkness).

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Is it true that Hindu’s, Buddhists, and New Age practitioners believe that sin does not exist and that people do not sin or have sin?

1 John 1:

“8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

I believe this verse, on top of many more, blocks all Muslims from heaven:

1 John 2:

"20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Isn’t it true to Muslims that Allah has no son?

Buddhism has sixteen hells, eight hot and eight cold. All of them are temporary, though life in some of the lower hells can last for a very long and unpleasant time. Unfortunately all of the heavens are temporary as well.

Since we all go through many rebirths it is very probable that we have all been to hell in some of our previous lives and most of us will be going to hell again for some future lives. Similarly for the heavens, we have been there before and are likely to go there again. Only nirvana is final; once you have attained nirvana there are no more rebirths.

As to who goes there, it is as a result of your actions during each life:Mind precedes all conditions,
mind is their chief, they are mind-made.
If you speak or act with an evil mind then suffering will follow you,
as the wheel follows the draught ox.

Mind precedes all conditions,
mind is their chief, they are mind-made.
If you speak or act with a pure mind then happiness will follow you,
as a shadow that never leaves.

Dhammapada vv 1-2
Actions have effects. Good actions have good effects and bad actions have bad effects.

rossum

First off, there is no “Muslim Hell” as one of the above posters stated. There is one truth. Not multiple heavens and hells according to what you believe. When we die, we will all find out the truth, and who was right.

As for the original question. Who goes to hell? Simple. Those who die unrepentant of mortal sins.

Who goes to hell? I don’t know, but I’m fairly sure that you have to change planes in Atlanta before you can get there.

Personally I don’t believe that is a truly answerable question. what God does with each individual soul at the moment of death, and how each soul responds to God is between God and each person.what happens at the moment of death is a mystery.How can one understand the Mind of God?Or how far His Mercy and Love go?No, I won’t second guess God. but it’s funny how some people see others in hell but never think that they could wind up there!:confused:

Sinners. See that was simple.

Sir, I understand that there are not multiple hells and heavens for each religion.

The way I expressed myself in that post would be according to what the Muslims believe or “If the Muslims are right and the truth, I am going to hell”

See what I mean? I was shifting perspectives in my posting in a “What if” type scenario, much like they do in comic books. Comic books are fiction :wink: as is the idea that the Muslims are correct as being the only religion and the source of the one true god IN MY OPINION.

What do you think the Bible says on who goes to hell?

What do you think the Bible and the Catechism say about hell? What is your opinion on the great commission, evangelizing, and proselytizing?

Interesting, thanks for the post :slight_smile:

Does anyone think hell is not eternal?

Well, when you say hell, do you mean Tartarus, Gehenna, or Hades?

Many of the Indian religions: Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, see hell as temporary. I am not sure about Sikhism but I suspect that hell is also temporary for Sikhs.

A permanent hell, and heaven, seems to be characteristic of the Abrahamic religions.

rossum

Please educate us on your opinion :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.