Who here goes to Mass daily?

I go to Mass everyday. I feel much more complete when I receive Eucharist and since I live only 2 minutes from the Church, there is no excuse with the exception of an occasional doctor’s appointment for me not to be there. With Jesus so close, how could I not take a few minutes of my time to invite him in.

I’ve been attending daily Mass for the past few years and it has changed my life! :slight_smile:

PS - Here is a good book, “The Wonders of the Mass” by Fr. Paul O’Sullivan, O.P.
tanbooks.com/index.php/page/shop:flypage/product_id/385/keywords/wonders+mass/

I would LOVE to go, but I have small children and I hear enough on this forum about children going to Mass. I really wouldn’t want to offend others and since there is no childcare, I stay home. Once they are in school, I hope my work schedule allows it.

Before I started teaching this year, I was able to go everyday except Tuesdays (started too late and I wouldn’t have gotten to work on time). I really really REALLY miss going. It was such an awesome thing to be able to start my day with daily Mass. I still get to go on Saturday mornings as well as Monday nights for vespers when I don’t have class. But I really miss going daily and being able to go to our Blessed Sacrament chapel on my lunch hour. In fact, this is part of the reason that I am considering going back to work in the business/law world instead of teaching. The other reason is that this year of teaching has really taken its toll on me mentally and physically and I don’t know if I can do it again next year.:frowning:

So keep me in your prayers! And for anyone considering starting to go to daily Mass, I HIGHLY recommend it!:thumbsup:

I started going to daily mass a few years ago. Best thing ever! I only miss when I have sick kids or a doctor’s appointment or something I can’t get out of. But normally I try to schedule everything for when mass is over. I find there is no better way to start my day. I hate to muss it because it fills me with such peace. I recommend it to anyone who has time in their schedule!

I go a couple of times a week, besides Sunday. I started last year for Lent and have kept it up since. Sometimes I just make it twice, others I go almost everyday, it just depends on what else I have going on. I always love it though, it is just so quiet and peaceful and really helps me stay focused on Christ. :smiley:

I also go to daily Mass. When I can go with someone, we go early in the morning, since he has work. On other days I go by myself during the noon Mass. I wanted to go to daily Mass so much that I made a rosary novena around a year ago so I can enjoy this grace. Daily Mass is a good habit. :slight_smile:

I also go to daily Mass because I want to make continuous 2 Divine Promises novena. It’s a great novena, and I recommend it to you guys who are daily Mass goers.

Check out the link!

2 Divine Promises Novena

7dolors.com/page2divinepromises.htm

another link:

catholictradition.org/Christ/divine-promises.htm

Promise II
"Likewise, each individual who will receive Holy Communion worthily for 30 consecutive days, and will recite one Our Father and Hail Mary
for the welfare of the Holy Catholic Church, will receive for himself
and one other soul selected by him, the assurance of eternal salvation.”

• Words of Our Lord to a Polish soul

I try to attend every day. I started in earnest when I was pregnant with my first baby. You are what you eat! And with all the nutritional advice offered to you when you are pregnant, it occurred to me that to receive Jesus for the good of my baby was the best prenatal gift I could give her!
God Bless!
To Jesus, through Mary!

PerfectPeach:

I’m sorry if some here have given you the feeling that you and your children aren’t welcome to Mass. We need your children at Daily Mass, even if they cry and fidget sometimes. Our Lord said to “let the Children come” to Him so He could bless them, and to “forbid them not”. The Eastern Rites of the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox take this so seriously they give Communion (our Lord in the guise of leavened bread soaked in wine) to INFANTS, and the Maronites have Parents bring children forward so they can be “blessed with the Mysteries”.

If anything, Daily Mass should be easier on your little ones. It’s shorter, you have only the Epistle and the Gospel w/ little or no Homily and no Creed and the Communion Line is shorter. I know you know this, but I thought to remind you of those things.

Don’t let anyone here cause you not too take your little ones to Mass. You’ll be teaching them the most important lesson they ever learn.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael

I attend NO/OF most weekdays at lunchtime; TLM/EF on Sundays. The NO/OF church is very old-fashioned; Communion at the old railing, etc.

FWIW, I should say that my experience of daily Mass has been significantly enhanced by ideas & insights picked up reading CAF; & by subscription to Magnificat, recommended by Benedictgal, et al.

ASD

Traditional Latin Mass: Translation and Grammar

I tried a few times to become a daily Mass goer and did not make a success of it until the Year of the Eucharist. Thanks to the late Holy Father John Paul II’s gift to the Church, I am now a daily Mass goer.

Mind you I still have some faults I am working at undoing and therefore I am not a daily communicant even though I am a daily Mass goer.:o

Yes, thankfully, I am able to go every day. There is no better way to start the day and on days when I have been unable to due to illness, transportation problems or bad weather I find myself really missing being there.

I miss daily mass. I used to got several times a week while at undergrad. I went to a Catholic university and went to mass with the monks. Would go to 5pm mass and then head to dinner with friends, which was a very fun experience. I loved being able to celebrate the feast days and all the special masses that one doesn’t experience going to only Sunday mass. Now that I graduated, I have neither the transportation nor the time to go, though I wish I could.

Pax

Is there any scriptual evidence for taking Holy Communion on any day apart from the first day of the week, aka Saturday sundown to Sunday sundown?

I’m not yet Catholic, I still live under my parents rules and they are strictly sola scripture. My grandparents are Catholic though and ive gone with them many times. I actualy went to Easter Mass with them.

When i do become Catholic my father will have hundreds of the “Catholics are not biblical” nonsense questions, even though he himself was Catholic:shrug:, and Im not aware of reading in the Bible where it gives authority to take the Eucharist apart from the first day of the week.

Hi, JJHIII! You might benefit greatly from books written by Mark Shea, Scott Hahn, and Thomas Howard. Mark Shea also has his own site apart from his blog, something like Mark-shea.com Oh, and the blog Visits to Candyland was created to refute the anti-catholic teaching/raving of a sola scriptura blogger, so there are a ton of good articles there.

I go to weekday Mass three days. We have it in the early morning some days, late morning with schoolkids once, and once a week in the evening. I take my five year old daughter on Friday morning. We call it the crack o’ dawn Mass, and follow it with breakfast at a local joint with other parishioners and the priest. It’s been a grand way for her to get to know the priest.

She does pretty well at Mass most times. I have made it a point to either answer all her questions very quickly, or ask the priest/deacon, so that we don’t forget. The deacon once gave us a very nice “tour of the tabernacle” where he showed my kids the key and the curtains and the ciborium and luna inside. And the candle nearby, etc etc. I help with flowers and things and so I’ve taken the kids into the sacristy and shown them all the mysterious things in there :wink: They are both like me, much more comfortable once they’ve been in a place.

Oh, and generally only the diehards are going to show up for daily Mass, and I find that crowd much more tolerant of the usual kid noises. I would of course take either of my children out if they were being inappropriate, but I’m talking about the coughs and sometimes dropping a hymnal or singing out at the wrong time, whatever. It’s not such a big deal at daily Mass, because we know we’ll be back again tomorrow.

I am glad to say that by the grace of God, I go to Mass daily, since my conversion.

We now have Eucharistic Adoration before the weekday Masses. This will never be topped as a way to start the day!:thumbsup:

God Bless

ASD:

I know that NO means Novus Ordo & TLM means Traditional/Tridentine Latin Mass - I assume that OF means Old Fashioned, but I’m not sure. May I assume that EF means Extraordinary Form? Could you do us all a favor and not use all of those initials ? If I’m assuming, others, who don’t read these forums as much as I do, are giving up, and I also want people to read your posts…

I happen to live in the LA Archdiocese & don’t have access to such necessities - Sorry, folks, but Reverent Masses are necessities. The Daily NO mass at the local parish that was recommended to me is by a retired priest in very poor health who uses Magnificat and some other books for his meditations - I have to admit I PRAY for his health daily!

And, Yes, I have stopped attending my local TAC parish for the most part, so it really matters to me that Reverent Masses & Solid Teaching are hard to find in the LA Archdiocese…

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael

Michael, OF is Ordinary Form.

:amen:

Although work pressures often interfere with my going to Mass every single day, I do go to Saturday (Blessed Mother’s Day - yay!), Sunday, and at least three times during the week.

I did this for years before I enrolled in RCIA. The RCIA instructors were surprised to hear that I attended Mass so frequently in addition to regular adoration (at least twice a week). And silly me, I was surprised that they were surprised. When you’re in love you want to be with your beloved as often as you can.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.