Who here likes video games? Anyone?

Played 'Grand Theft Auto 4 ’ to stress test my new video card. Same thing with Saint’s row 3 (which is a more ridiculous and cartoony parody of Grand Theft Auto).
I would highly recommend those with attention to detail ‘Cities Skylines’. If you have elements of strategy as well as city road planning (and budgeting). I’ve also played tropics 4 recently and it’s a wonderful game for those who like to play with economics and politics in mind.
Example: your island must make a profit in order to run. You also need to make sure the islands political factions are appraised they start a civil war or overthrow you. It’s a very fun game!

[quote="drac16, post:480, topic:351885"]
I'm about two hours into Tropical Freeze and I'm loving it. :D

[/quote]

Love that Donkey Kong. :) My only complaint is that the newer Donkey Kong Country games don't have all the animal friends of the old trilogy. Those were always some of my favorite parts.

Received Gears of War 4 and Dishonored 2 and have been playing those. Also have been replaying Lost Odyssey.

Yes.

:yup:

Played Tropico 4: modern times; it's a great political/economy simulation with a steep learning curve. Probably one of the few strategy games that I like.

The new Zelda trailer and Splatoon 2 have made the Nintendo Switch a must buy for me. I’m so excited! :smiley:

Downloaded a Teutonic/Knights Templar/etc. Armor/Weapon Mod (pc) for Skyrim. Suddenly, Skyrim got a whole lot better! Deus Vult!

Also playing ‘Call of Duty: black ops’ 1 & 2. The violence isn’t my cup of tea, but I like the quasi-historical settings. ‘Black Ops’ 1 takes place in the middle of the Cold War and ‘Black Ops II’ takes place between the late 80’s and 2025 (the switch between the past and future is “jarring” to say the least).

[quote="drac16, post:486, topic:351885"]
The new Zelda trailer and Splatoon 2 have made the Nintendo Switch a must buy for me. I'm so excited! :D

[/quote]

:thumbsup: More than any other video game franchise, Zelda is the one that encourages me to open my wallet. :o

I think the Switch looks pretty neat. It does seem like the culmination of all of Nintendo's previous consoles. I'm still deciding whether I should get one sooner or wait until they pull the plug on the online portion of Splatoon 1. I've played that game more than any other Wii U games. There's just something about rolling over people with a giant, brightly-colored paint roller. :p It would be hard to go without that experience for too long. :D

[quote="Joe_5859, post:488, topic:351885"]
:thumbsup: More than any other video game franchise, Zelda is the one that encourages me to open my wallet. :o

I think the Switch looks pretty neat. It does seem like the culmination of all of Nintendo's previous consoles. I'm still deciding whether I should get one sooner or wait until they pull the plug on the online portion of Splatoon 1. I've played that game more than any other Wii U games. There's just something about rolling over people with a giant, brightly-colored paint roller. :p It would be hard to go without that experience for too long. :D

[/quote]

I like Splatoon, too. It's a fresh take on the shooter genre. :D

Anyone like the walking dead telltale series? I love the first game with clementine and Lee. The storyline was very well done. The second game was good too but not a patch on the first. The third installment has just came out - the new frontier....I haven't played it yet looks good though.

Indeed. Prior to Splatoon, the only shooter I ever really played extensively was Goldeneye on the N64. But Splatoon is really a lot of fun. Nintendo was firing on all cylinders when they came up with that idea. I’ve played it far more than any of my other Wii U games.

Lode Runner, M.U.L.E, Wizard, Jumpman were among my favourites from the Commodore 64 era.

Oddly, I never owned a SNES but only borrowed one from friends. I also had a Sega Genesis and played EA hockey with my roommate until my eyes bled.

I consider The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64 one of the greatest games of ever, at least for it's era. I called in sick 3 days straight when I picked it up.

Huge fan of strategy games of all kinds. Age of Empires and Age of Mythology will forever be my favourites.

I've had a PS3 and now own a PS4. I'm less active nowadays but loved the Uncharted series. Currently I'm playing Fallout 4.

I like those games. Gameplay itself is a little dull, but it makes up for it with great story-telling and voice acting. Actually found the story and characters more interesting than the TV series. Also have never had so much stress over a video game choice as I did with the end of the second game.

I didn’t even know there was a third one. Have to check it out.

Just bought fallout 4. 'been waiting to play it since last year. I can't help but find it ironic that i'm going to play a post-nuclear version of my hometown.

[quote="DoGodsBidding, post:3, topic:351885"]
If I had it I would play a game of Asteroids tonight.

DGB

[/quote]

Did that last night. My daughter and I are competing for high scores. She took over the lead last night, I must avenge!

Just finished KOTOR. It was only in the wake of all those other games that burned me in between where I realized that it was almost everything I'd been looking for in a video game.

Yes to all three, especially M.U.L.E.! No trading/real estate/colonizing game since ever played as well as that game.

Discovered a classic PC Game: Stronghold. The HD version (as well as it's sequel, Stronghold: Crusader) was on special on Steam, so I bought it.

Never thought castle building could be so enjoyable.

[quote="Johann_du_Toit, post:498, topic:351885"]
Discovered a classic PC Game: Stronghold. The HD version (as well as it's sequel, Stronghold: Crusader) was on special on Steam, so I bought it.

Never thought castle building could be so enjoyable.

[/quote]

Grew up with that one; haven't played it in years

YES INDEED!!

I love video games!

I am a Playstation 4 player, but I do like X-Box as well!

Right now, I am hooked on Fallout 4. That is a great game. I am in a Packers Franchise with Madden 16 and I also have a separate football franchise on the Playstation 2 for Madden 09.

Video games are a great way to pass the time and a fun way to relax! Love working through a game and discovering and exploring. That is sooo fun. Games like Skyrim and Fallout spoil me as they are open world and you can take the storyline anywhere you want to. That is fun!

Anyone who wants to talk video games, I am GAME!! (Pun intended!)

Take care all and GAME ON!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.