Who here likes video games? Anyone?

[quote="Steve_Timm, post:500, topic:351885"]

Right now, I am hooked on Fallout 4.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[/quote]

I am, too! I inadvertently sided with the Minutemen militia on the first play. I also died about 100 times because of the Super-mutant suiciders.

Another classic game that I am playing again is Warcraft III, including it's expansion, The Frozen Throne. My interest was piqued after I learned Blizzard released a new patch for it after all these years.

Also started playing with the Map Editor and even downloaded a couple of Custom campaigns inspired by World of Warcraft (which I never bought because I don't buy games that require me to be permanently online, due to internet issues).

I love LucasArts graphic adventures, especially when they were Lucasfilm Games. Monkey Island, Loom and Indiana Jones are my favorites.
I am looking forward for the new adventure of Lucasfilm veterans called Thimbleweed Park. I hope there's nothing problematic with it, ie: antichristian. I see that in the cemetery part there are no crosses, for example, when in Monkey Island 2 cemetery, there are a few. But I fear that I have to make something like sacrificing the Holy Grail to Satan, a thing I had to do in a fanmade graphic adventure, (and I confessed later). The media has grown a little anti-christian. By the way I make fanmade games, I recently finished a hidden object game (another favorite genre of mine) that is a parody of New Age philosophies, it's called Indiana Jeans and the Legacy of the Pleiadians. translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=t&hl=es-419&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmauisland.byethost24.com%2Fho2%2Fega.htm&edit-text=&act=url
It's in spanish but I posted the link through google translator. It's a little awful game but has nice dithered (free) art and, I hope, good jokes.

If anyone has a PS4, PM me and maybe we can game and talk about Catholicism.

Found a way to disable Blood and Gore in Fallout 4 by editing the Fallout4.INI
Also, Does anybody play Team Fortress 2 anymore?

Last year, I bought a strategy game called Crusader Kings 2 with all of the expansion packs. You wouldn't BELIEVE how expensive that was. It was a fun game. A little hard to understand sometimes, but I found it captivating. Haven't played it in a while because my dad's laptop broke, and the one he uses now is for work.

[quote="Milestone, post:506, topic:351885"]
Last year, I bought a strategy game called Crusader Kings 2 with all of the expansion packs. You wouldn't BELIEVE how expensive that was. It was a fun game. A little hard to understand sometimes, but I found it captivating. Haven't played it in a while because my dad's laptop broke, and the one he uses now is for work.

[/quote]

I also have Crusader Kings II. I have played it but not in a while. Probably because it's a bit complicated, but mostly because of Paradox's own expansion pack policy. It seems that they're churning out a new expansion every single month, and so fast that I just can't keep up. It's as if the original (vanilla) game was incomplete from the start. :mad:

So I've spent the last couple years playing through some of the most iconic video games and getting disappointed by many of them; here's an overview of what I now think of video games in general

[quote="scrupulousrvrt, post:505, topic:351885"]
Found a way to disable Blood and Gore in Fallout 4 by editing the Fallout4.INI

[/quote]

Why would you want to? Doesn't that sort of break immersion?

Anyway, Fallout 4 is great, but the gold standard is and always will be Fallout: New Vegas.

Big fan of Call Of Duty here.
Been playing some Black Ops 3 for the longest time.
Only PS4 game I have.

I'm into FPS games and I'm looking to trade in my COD for another
FPS game. Not sure just yet what game I'll get.

[quote="BoomBoomMancini, post:509, topic:351885"]
Why would you want to? Doesn't that sort of break immersion?0

[/quote]

Kind of. But when you read forum posts that argue that violent video games are sin (yes they are, no they aren't :slapfight::blackeye: ) it figured I'd hit two birds with one stone and disable the gore.

Anyone hyped for the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? I'm definitely excited for it. :extrahappy:

Haha, I hear ya. But in my mind, if you’re already shooting a raider in the face with a shotgun, disabling the gore is kinda like ordering six Big-Macs and then a Diet Coke.

To be clear, I don’t think that playing violent video games is sinful anyway, provided the person playing them is of sufficient age and maturity to recognize that it’s just a game.

[quote="BoomBoomMancini, post:513, topic:351885"]
Haha, I hear ya. But in my mind, if you're already shooting a raider in the face with a shotgun, disabling the gore is kinda like ordering six Big-Macs and then a Diet Coke.

To be clear, I don't think that playing violent video games is sinful anyway, provided the person playing them is of sufficient age and maturity to recognize that it's just a game.

[/quote]

I know what you mean (I think?) but it kinda makes me uncomfortable enjoying the sight of someone's head being blown off, despite seeing blood in real life (A drunk guy smashed his on sidewalk in front of my house).
But, I digress. I'm about to start on the Railroad quest-line, even though I think they're a little Looney (treating androids as Human beings). Should be interesting.

[quote="Milestone, post:512, topic:351885"]
Anyone hyped for the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? I'm definitely excited for it. :extrahappy:

[/quote]

:wave: I am always excited for a new Zelda game, and Breath of the Wild looks like it's going to be phenomenal.

I've heard that it's got a more open, less linear design such that you could theoretically face off against the end guy in 10–15 minutes (but of course you'd get decimated and wouldn't have the weapon(s) necessary to defeat him). I admit, I actually like linear design, but I am up for a change of pace. Skyward Sword was very linear and had a pretty compact overworld. This goes to the opposite side of the spectrum, which will be interesting. My daughter is at the age where she is interested in watching me play Zelda, too, so I'm looking forward to sharing the experience with her.

I'm kind of torn as to which system to get it for. I am thinking the Switch (and hopefully snagging the Special Edition), but I'd have to buy a Switch first, and I'm not sure that is going to happen on March 3rd. It may be further down the line. But I don't know how long I can hold out. :p I've waited this long, though, so I'm sure it will be fine. I am very excited to play, though.

I got DLC for Fallout 4… Far Harbor (based off Bar Harbor, Maine) and Nuka-World (takes place in a amusement park based off the in-game soda Nuka-Cola, a reference to Coca-Cola)
Far Harbor takes WAAAY too long to complete in my opinion, but it does crank up the creepiness factor to 10. Irradiated fog and mutated sea creatures, it’s almost like Resident-Evil in a way.
Nuka-World was a tough one, you can side with 3 different Raider gangs (guess why their called that) who have enslaved traders from small settlements. The Traders work long hours and are treated like cattle. You can kill off the leaders of said Raider gangs by accepting a quest from a doctor in the amusement park market and free the Traders from their oppression.

I sided with the Traders.

[quote="Milestone, post:512, topic:351885"]

[/quote]

I'm always up and ready for a new Zelda game. :thumbsup:

My thoughts on the series*Star Wars: KOTOR*.

As for Breath of the Wild...well, I'm regretting using money that could have gone towards an NS on a PS3 more than ever :p

[quote="catholicmoviene, post:518, topic:351885"]
My thoughts on the Star Wars: KOTOR series.

[/quote]

Looks like the link is down at the moment, I was unable to find the article.

I liked KOTOR a lot. Converting Yuthura Ban to the Light Side was AWESOME. KOTOR2 was a little depressing but it was still good (even if unfinished), especially once you (finally!) escape the Peragus Mining Facility. I miss the Ebon Hawk.

Playing Runescape now. Everything looks so different that can't tell where I am most of the time! Looks pretty though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.