Who here likes video games? Anyone?

No. Dead space is my contender. But i realize that there isn’t any one best game. All i know is that bioshock 3 is overrated and is kind of a mediocre game.

What is your personal favorite? Are you into real time strategy games like rise of nations?

I love Civ 6, though I haven’t played it in a while. Been waiting for them to smooth out the rough edges. They have a new DLC coming out called Rise and Fall that seems like it will add a good amount of stuff to the game I just hope the AI can handle all of the complexities of it.

My favourites include Panzer Dragoon Saga, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Master of Orion 2, Bastion, Super Metroid, System Shock, XCOM, Ghost Trick, Wing Commander, and Star Fox 64. There is a great number of games from the 80s to present that I really enjoy. (Many of those were released far before I was born, I guess I just have a real appreciation for retro stuff. :P)

Never played Rise of Nations, I’m not the biggest fan of real-time strategy. I tend to prefer turn-based stuff, like 4X (Civilization, MOO, etc.) and squad tactics (XCOM, Jagged Alliance, etc.).

Haven’t gotten Civ 6 yet, but I spent a ton of time playing the series particularly 3 and 5. I usually wait until at least a couple expansions are out and the price on the base game has gone down a little, haven’t been following the game much but it’ll probably be something I’ll get into a bit this year.

I haven’t been playing much to be honest since November or so, but I’ll likely get back into Splatoon 2 a bit, as well as some Mario Odyssey post-game stuff. My brother’s really into Monster Hunter so I’ll be picking up the new game when it drops towards the end of the month.

Another PC gaming master race reporting in. :smiley:

I’m an RPG person for the most part, I’ve played way too much Skyrim (really, way too much of the whole Elder Scrolls series). Dragon Age, as well My favorite game is Crusader Kings II, though. All the fun of a strategy game, all the family drama and intrigue of an RPG.

I’d say I’m still pretty new to video games, but my favourite of all games is the Elder Scrolls 5.

I’m still playing Splatoon 2. And I went through most of Mario Odyssey (still shooting for all the power moons). But I still need to get back to Zelda and finish that one. :blush:

Speaking of Mario, I think you will like this. Look what I found at the supermarket last weekend:

And yes, I did buy it. It cost me 25 rupees :grinning: If I want anymore I’ll have to spend more time cutting the grass in the backyard. Looking forward to seeing if the mushroom-shaped marshmallows make me grow to twice my normal size.

Awesome. :smile:

Hah, nice.

Yeah, it’s gonna take me a while to track down all those power moons. I also have that Mario and Rabbids tactics game that I haven’t gotten around to playing much yet, as a fan of XCOM I think I’ll enjoy it a lot.

Let me know how the Mario/rabbids game is. I can’t decide whether I think it’s worth checking out or skipping.

I’m up to 880+ power moons. The last few are giving me trouble.

There’s a place in Delray that has all the old games. We like to go there on rainy days and play.

Donkey Kong, Dragon’s Lair, Missile Command, Tron, etc.

They have 150 pinball machines, too, but this is about video games.

I have Super Paper Mario.

I played Paper Mario 64 and Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. I didn’t play the others…

I only played Super Paper Mario. It took me awhile to forgive them from switching from the fully rendered look to the flat paper look after Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I was so looking forward to Super Mario RPG 2, and then they said, “Guess what? It’s not going to be RPG 2, it’s going to be ‘Paper Mario’ instead!” :frowning:

I’m over it now, though. :smile:

Oh. I saw some characters from Super Paper Mario like Count Bleck and pixls. But, I see some characters from the other game now. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Old Door was a game that I really wanted, but I don’t have the GameCube so I am not able to get it. But I did watch a full walkthrough on Youtube. My favorites were Chapters 2 and 4. Were you able to finish it?

I fought the Shadow Queen unsuccessfully. I had this elaborate plan; however, it would cost many coins. So… I gave up. Then my little sister finishes the game and didn’t have any plan. :neutral_face:

Did you ever get a chance to try the Pit of 100 Trials?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.