Who here likes video games? Anyone?

I have friends who I play with, they bring over shooter games and play but lately I have no interest. Ironically, this coincides with when I started going back to mass.

T minus 10 days until Smash Bros. :smile:

I’m currently playing Middle Earth: Shadow of War and it’s really good! They did a great job making it feel like you’re fighting in a massive Lord of the Rings style battle!

Is anyone playing Red Dead online?

Smash Bros today! :smiley:

My copy is in transit. :grin: It should arrive today.

Being so close to Christmas, though, it’s likely I will wait to open it on Christmas.

Tis the season of joyful expectaiton. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ah Thanos, the villain who has been pimp slapped by just about everyone in the Marvel Universe at one point or other. He’s a bit like Galactus, he started out as a major threat but he has been overused to the point where he is not particularly credible unless written by someone very capable now. The movie version suffers less from that as he is no appearing in monthly publications over decades of time.

@Arwing @Joe_5859 Is the new Smash Bros any good? I wasn’t terribly impressed with the 3DS/Wii U Smash Bros and was wondering if they came up with anything interesting in this iteration.

i actually was just playing one of those playstation classics. I feel old seeing the block 3D used. but forgot how fun syphon filter is.

I’ll let you know in a week. Any video game purchases made in November or December go under the Christmas tree for me. :grin:

I do have high hopes. I think I’m most excited about the 1-player “World of Light” campaign. There really wasn’t any 1 player campaign to speak of in Smash for Wii U.

Although, in the Wii U version I did very much enjoy the stage creator feature. As far as I can tell, that is not present in Smash Ultimate. I enjoyed making my own ludicrous stages filled with traps and then forcing my cousins (and their friends) to play on them when we played together online. :rofl:

So I will miss that. But everything else looks very promising.

I’m enjoying it so far. A considerable amount of the content is re-used from previous games, as they brought back all fighters and stages. That might be good if a favorite stage from a previous game got dropped somewhere along the way, but so far I haven’t really been needing to learn too many new characters or stages.

That said, it’s still Smash Bros. and still great for chaotic fun. Simon, Inkling, and King K. Rool are some awesome additions to the cast. Link finally had some minor changes done, and unlike Brawl’s changes to Mario, they don’t completely ruin him. Some of my favorites from past games like Marth, Lucina, and Corrin are as fun as ever, and I’m looking forward to finally unlocking Bayonetta. Fox and Mario still suck compared to Melee, though.

Along with Smash Bros., I also just started playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I’m not deep into it, though, so I don’t have much of an opinion. The starting area seems a bit more dull compared to the first game, but there’s definitely room for the characters to develop, which was much of what made the first game so great.

i like titan falls 2 and sleeping dogs!!! and i’m looking for spiderman’s new game…

Still waiting for Animal Crossing… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I guess you and I have the same mindset in that we wait until Advent is over to try the new games out :grinning: I’m looking forward to trying the PS4 out.

Interesting, I hope the 1 player mode is good because I actually liked that Subspace Emissary mode in Brawl. It is actually kind of fun to play a normal RPG like game but with Smash Bros mechanics. They seemed to miss the mark quite a bit in Wii U/3DS. The 3DS special mode was better than the Wii U’s Smash Tour or whatever it was called. You’d be in some very large stage for 5 minutes defeating Melee Adventure Mode-style enemies to pick up powerups and then face the other players in a one stock battle after the time limit was up. It would have been a lot better if you could just play that mode for as long as you wanted though because I liked beating up the ordinary enemies, especially the tough ones like those Darknuts from Twilight Princess.

Yeah I saw that they were unionizing all the characters from every past Smash Bros in this new one. I was just looking at the roster and was kind of surprised to see Castlevania characters in there. It seems a bit strange having a character like Mario or Pikachu in the same game as a Castlevania warrior with a spiked ball and chain weapon. I think guys at least can appreciate importing chaos and destruction into things just for chaos and destruction’s sake lol :grin:.

I think my only experience with Xenoblade Chronicles was from 3DS/Wii U Smash Bros. JRPGs can be fun though, albeit a bit cringe-inducing with some of the plot elements.

It’s about time they Unionized! :fist::fist:

I felt the original game was pretty tame. It definitely went through many standard JRPG tropes, especially the whole “seize your destiny” storyline, but the story was so focused on its world and characters over the actual plot itself that I couldn’t care.

Of what I’ve seen of Xenoblade Chronicles 2…It has some of what made the first game so enjoyable, but I’m a bit concerned that it’s going to be more by-the-numbers. Rex is the good-hearted hothead, and Pyra is the fan service girl, and they’re battling with the power of friendship. Granted, the Affinity system has always been a bit “power of friendship”-y, but this game is just not hiding it at all. It’s still enjoyable, and I finally got to a part of the world that’s reminiscent of the beauty of the first game’s world, so I guess we’ll see. If I remember correctly, the first game started off looking like a stereotypical JRPG revenge plot, but it became much more than that, but it also wasn’t leaning heavily on fan service either.

anyway, i know this OOT but we all here celebrating it so, Merry Christmas, everyone!!! and happy playing, y’all!!!

I have a scary feeling that games will no-longer have a main campaign or story, and there will just be online multiplayer.

No comment loool.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.