Who Is Antichrist?

According to what Holy Scripture has clearly told us, Just Who Is Antichrist?

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, men who will not acknowledge the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh; such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist. 1 Jn 1:7

Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. 2 Jn 2:20

God bless

I thought there were antichrists with the little a and then one big Antichrist who is one person. :shrug:

I think anti-Christ is used in a couple of senses.

There is the general sense in which anything which lifts itself up against God is anti-Christ, in that it is against Christ.

However I also believe there is a person who will be THE anti-Christ. He will very close to destroying the church. I suspect he will also be resurrected by the devil at some stage, after being executed. In that respect he will be the devil’s version of Christ.

In my opinion, for what it’s worth, I think its an American politician who’s around today. Not Bush, and not Obama.

My reasons for believing the time is close are as follows -

1. Mary has been turning up in person, with severe warnings. To my mind this corresponds with the woman in Revelation 12.
  2. We now live in a global village, where the context of a single world government is a possibility.
  3. The technology is around to make “buying and selling” impossible without being monitored by electronic means.
  4. The technology is around for pilots sitting at a desk in Los Angeles to assassinate terrorists in mountains in Afghanistan by drone.
  5. We have had nuclear weapons for a while and I think they figure in some of the destructive imagery of Revelation.
  6. Via satellite all portions of the earth can and are be monitored. Virtually all mobile telephone calls are monitored even now.
  7. It’s going to happen sometime.

Good post Bob some good points.Thank You for the post and your time,have a great day

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.