Who is Berthe Petit?

Who is Berthe Petit and is the person’s revelations approved of by the Church?

I found this site with a revelation suppsoedly given to Berthe: sorrowful-and-immaculate.com/

The end of the first quote on that page doesn’t sound true. And the fact that the website looks more like a marketplace than a temple of God doesn’t look good either. But the fact that they offer no evidence of any Church approval is the clearest sign. I would have nothing to do with it, and you should probably tell the mods to remove this thread (unless you know of some Church approval).

They are NOT approved. Of course that does not necessarily mean they are disapproved but rather unapproved. However, as a decision has already taken more than 100 years my bet would be against an approval.

Thank you for the responses everyone. I’ll stop promoting devotion to the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, since it’s not approved.

Status: Cause for Beatification Opened, Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat awarded to messages,Promoted by Cardinals Mercier of Belgium and Bourne of England.
Episcopal Remarks: The former granted an indulgence of 100 days to the invocation “Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us who have recourse to Thee” Ratified by Pope St Pius X in a hand-written letter to the Cardinal. His pastoral letter to the clergy and faithful read “Fulfilling therefore, the ardent wish which has been expressed to me, I shall consecrate in the very depths of my soul, during the Office of Good Friday, our Diocese, and in the limits of my power, our dear Country, to the Sorrowful and Immaculate of Mary. I exhort the priests to unite their intentions to mine, and the faithful to repeat devoutly the invocation to which I have already granted and indulgence of 100 days; Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us who have recourse to Thee.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.