Who is Dr Tennedy?

Just got a phone call from a person who works for Dr Tennedy from the US and trying to get money to push against same-sex marriage. Although i fully behind him in his endeavors, how would he get my name and/or phone number?

Maybe from the Terri Shiavo petition?

Christ is risen…truly he is risen!
Shoshana

Don’t send money to unsolicited callers. Cest knows best.

[quote=cestusdei]Don’t send money to unsolicited callers. Cest knows best.
[/quote]

Ain’t that the truth…that’ll teach me. Thanks Cest…

Christ is risen…truly He is risen!
Shoshana

[quote=Shoshana]Just got a phone call from a person who works for Dr Tennedy from the US and trying to get money to push against same-sex marriage. Although i fully behind him in his endeavors, how would he get my name and/or phone number?

Maybe from the Terri Shiavo petition?

Christ is risen…truly he is risen!
Shoshana
[/quote]

There have been some scams going on and this could be one of them. It is creepy isn’t it? I have been getting many emails lately and I don’t open them if I don’t know the sender. I think I am getting all of them from all the protest letters I have signed lately due to all the items in the news.

There is a Dr Kennedy who is a prominent Presbyterian minister in Florida. He was very vocal on behalf of Terri Schiavo. That is probably how he would have the #. But I wouldn’t send anything without seeing something in writing, because anybody could use the name…
And, suppose the guy did say Tennedy? He could just be somebody running a scam. I would ask them to remove your name from their list if they call again!

If it is Dr James Kennedy, I wouldnt donate a dime to him. He is a noted anti-Catholic.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.