Who is Jack Chick and Loarainee Brotneer?

Sorry if I spelled the last ones name wrong.
But, could anyone explain to me who these gentlemen are? I have heard them talked of several times in a rather negetive way. I have heard of Brottners “roman Catholism” and that it was a bit off but that is really the extent of my knowledge.

they are a couple of anti Catholic nutters. jack is still on this side of the grass, while boettner in tracking ambient temperature with his environment. jack draws cartoons - some of which are quite nasty and anti Catholic; Boettner wrote a book that Karl Keating proved was full of poor scholarship, half truths, out of context statements, misunderstandings, repititions of lies, etc. See Keating’s book Catholicism and Fundamentalism.

Everything you need to know about these two anti-Catholic cranks can be found on the homepage of Catholic Answers. Look for “Anti-Catholicism” in the tracts section on the left hand side of the page, then look for the tract “The Anti-Catholic Bible.” That will give you info about Boettner.

On the homepage itself, go down to special reports, and you’ll see one on “The Nightmare World of Jack Chick.”

I’d give you the links, but their homepage seems to be down right now.

[quote=Montie Claunch]Sorry if I spelled the last ones name wrong.
But, could anyone explain to me who these gentlemen are? I have heard them talked of several times in a rather negetive way. I have heard of Brottners “roman Catholism” and that it was a bit off but that is really the extent of my knowledge.
[/quote]

catholic.com/library/sr_chick_tracts_p1.asp

:slight_smile:

[quote=Montie Claunch]Sorry if I spelled the last ones name wrong.
[/quote]

Sad, sad people who - though they have a sincere love for Jesus, they have been lead by Satan to hate His people. They need our love, our prayers and we need to be constantly aware that Satan is using them to try and hurt His Bride, the Holy Mother Church.

[quote=LSK]Sad, sad people who - though they have a sincere love for Jesus, they have been lead by Satan to hate His people. They need our love, our prayers and we need to be constantly aware that Satan is using them to try and hurt His Bride, the Holy Mother Church.
[/quote]

Well Put. Boettner truly wished to serve Christ and did in many ways. Jack Chick may be a little nuts, but his faith is in Jesus (and the King James Bible, but let’s give him the benefit of the doubt). Both are completely anti-catholic. Another that would go well on that list is David Hunt. It’s sad, but these men truly believe that they help the cause of Christ by going against the Church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.