Who is Saint Malachy, Malachi Martin and SSPX?

Hi to everyone. I went on the internet to find out stuff but what I ran into rocked my world. I started another thread of which I have been blessed with responses that I am researching.

However now I come across some other stuff. Perhaps this is too many questions for one thread?

Who is Saint Malachy and is it true he saw or had a vision in which a certain number of Popes would come and go until the “AntiChrist”? Which is supposedly the Pope after Benedict XVI?

How does Malachi Martin come into play and the SSPX?

[quote=Questions…]How does Malachi Martin come into play and the SSPX?
[/quote]

Art Bell may have the answer. you should place a call to his radio program and inquire… :smiley:

[quote=St.Eric]Art Bell may have the answer. you should place a call to his radio program and inquire… :smiley:
[/quote]

???

Search the forums. There were some heated conversations on him recently.

???
[/quote]

Art Bell (now mostly retired) ran a radio program for many years called “Coast to Coast AM” (now mostly hosted by George Norrey (sp?)). This is where you can hear the latest about Big Foot, or UFO’s (and alien abductions), or Shadow People, or hotels in space, or any other subject that most folks consider wacky. There’s an old axiom, “Nothing is too wacky for Art Bell” (though many observers think Bell simply encouraged his guests’ wackiness to boost ratings - the guests were sincerely wacky, but Bell was simply egging them on…).

Malachi Martin was a guest of Art Bell on several occasions (and made a total fool of himself, of course, which was typical of Art Bell guests).

Questions wrote:

…and the SSPX?

I thorough inspections of the below links will provide the answers. There is NO substitute for god old fashioned reading.

Good luck and God bless,

What exactly is it that makes he so cooky?

From a quick glance at his? website, he seems to condemn Medjugorje, as have all bishops in that area. I cant see much that looks too bad?

Maybe im missing something?

In Christ.

Andre.

[quote=DavidFilmer]Art Bell (now mostly retired) ran a radio program for many years called “Coast to Coast AM” (now mostly hosted by George Norrey (sp?)). This is where you can hear the latest about Big Foot, or UFO’s (and alien abductions), or Shadow People, or hotels in space, or any other subject that most folks consider wacky. There’s an old axiom, “Nothing is too wacky for Art Bell” (though many observers think Bell simply encouraged his guests’ wackiness to boost ratings - the guests were sincerely wacky, but Bell was simply egging them on…).

Malachi Martin was a guest of Art Bell on several occasions (and made a total fool of himself, of course, which was typical of Art Bell guests).
[/quote]

Charity here folks. Yes, Malachi Martin did make a great fool of himself, but he never claimed to be abducted by aliens. So he did not make as much of a fool of himself as he could have and we should be grateful. :smiley:

[quote=St.Eric]Art Bell may have the answer. you should place a call to his radio program and inquire… :smiley:
[/quote]

???

[quote=Questions…]Who is Saint Malachy and is it true he saw or had a vision in which a certain number of Popes would come and go until the “AntiChrist”? Which is supposedly the Pope after Benedict XVI?
[/quote]

That prophecy may actually just be an 18th century forgery and it also may not even be a true prohecy, even if it was penned by the Irish St. Malachy. It does say that the last pope will be the next one, but no use worrying about. You should be prepared to meet Jesus every day–He could come or you could die–same difference.

How does Malachi Martin come into play and the SSPX?

I’m not sure who Malachi Martin is. The SSPX is the Society of St. Pius X. They were founded by a French Bishop who began ordaining priests and teaching them only the 1962 Missal (the Tridentine Mass). They were also disillusioned with the Second Vatican Council. The Pope forbade him from ordaining any more priests, but he did it anyway, incurring automatic excommunication. The founding bishop has since died, but there are currently four SSPX bishops and also a decent number of priests. They are considered to be in schism (ie not submitting to the Pope in Rome).

Malachi Martin was a resigned Jesuit priest who had a lot of friends among Vatican “higher ups,” so a good deal of what he said is probably reliable. Still, some of it seems far-fetched.
He wrote a number of fascinating books, among them:

THE JESUITS
THE KEYS OF THIS BLOOD
and
WINDSWEPT HOUSE

Best,
Jaypeeto3

Jaypeeto3 wrote:

Malachi Martin was a resigned Jesuit priest who had a lot of friends among Vatican “higher ups,” so a good deal of what he said is probably reliable.

Those “friends” may also have been masons - (numerous mention of these from “trads”, some 'apparitionists" and “conspiracy theorists”. What then? Still reliable?

Notes written 16 May 2000

Perhaps six or so months ago I had occasion to visit the web-site of “HOPE - The Hartford Office of Paranormal Exploration” at haunt.net/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/organization/board.html

Naturally, I took HTML copies of the web-pages for possible future reference - and as a defensive measure!

To prepare myself for this comment, I returned to that site today to find it essentially intact - only they had changed the name to “HOPE Hostis Orationem Per Expulsio.”

Their current blurb states:

[quote]"Hello and welcome to HOPE, inc, Hostis Orationem Per Expulsio (formerly the Hartford Office of Paranormal Exploration). We, the Board of Directors, would like to take this opportunity to acquaint you with who we are.

"Our organization is comprised of professionals from several disciplines. All of us have had extensive experience in dealing with individuals and families beset with paranormal phenomena, including demonic infestation, oppression, and possession. Since diagnosis and treatment are difficult, we utilize our collective expertise in the fields of medicine, nursing, psychiatry, public health, alternative medicine, and geriatrics. Theological consultants, some of whom are world-renowned, provide diagnostic input, spiritual support, and treatment.

“In our three years of operation, we have handled over 200 cases and have developed a specific expertise in demonic possession. We maintain a Microsoft Access Database which is continually updated and analyzed for trends. Our cases are either referred from other professional sources, self-referred, or come to us from the website or former clients. Geographically, we have worked with individuals and families from almost every state in the US. International cases have come from Canada, Central and South America, Africa, and Southeast Asia.”

Their previous blurb claimed 100 cases. Things are looking up in Hartford.

But, the good news is that the Board of Directors still include the following:

"PSYCHIATRIC CONSULTANTS

"Dr. Rama Coomaraswamy

“Dr. Coomaraswamy, a board certified Cardio vascular surgeon and psychiatrist, consults with H.O.P.E. on matters both theological and medical. A convert to Catholism in his early twenties, Dr. Rama exhibits a fervor and intensity towards his faith that is unparalleled. The author of numerous books on theology, including The Problems With The New Mass, and The Problems With the New Sacraments, Dr. Coomaraswamy has provided H.O.P.E. with well reasoned and theologically correct advice as we assist our clients with their spiritual problems. Dr. Rama also has on occasion provided H.O.P.E. with his expertise as a practicing Psychiatrist. Delineating between mental illness and demonic activity is difficult in the best of situations and Dr. Rama has proven invaluable with his professional diagnostic abilities. We feel honored to have Dr. Coomaraswamy, a man of deep spirituality and a highly regarded physician, assist us.”

[/quote]

continued:

(Dr. Coomaraswamy is now a sedevacantist “priest” - presumably ordained by the Thucite Bishop Robert McKenna or similar. Sean O L. The Vatican has declared that the ordination and consecrations performed by Archbishop Ngo Dinh Thuc are invalid, and that those persons remained in the same position after any “ceremony” that they occupied prior to that ceremony.)

"RELIGIOUS CONSULTANTS

"Bishop Robert F. McKenna, O.P.

Since the inception of H.O.P.E., Bishop McKenna has acted in the role of exorcist to our more than one hundred clients. He has consoled, advised and supported our clients through the worst of times. An ordained Dominican priest, Bishop McKenna belongs to the Traditional Catholic Church. His church, Our Lady of the Rosary Chapel, is located in central Connecticut and includes an active parish and school, which he directs with the help of a dedicated group of Dominican nuns. Clients willing to travel to Connecticut are exorcised in Bishop McKenna’s Chapel. He does not charge a fee for his services, having taken a vow of poverty, but he will accept donations for the chapel, which runs solely on donations from the public."

And two others, including, Praise be! - there he is still, picture and all! It seems that you can still contact:

"Father Malachi Martin

Father Malachi Martin, world renown exorcist, author, and priest, confers with H.O.P.E. on theological issues. His experience in his role as an exorcist and author of the best selling book, Hostage To The Devil, provides both board members and clients with doctrinal and experiential advice. Father Martin, a former Jesuit, is well versed in present day issues concerning the Catholic Church. He graciously gives his time and his vast knowledge in a number of areas to educate the public and provide hope and consulation to the afflicted. His kindness and humility are attributes which are well known and we feel blessed to have such an individual affiliated with our organization."

Some of the intrepid forays into the paranormal may be seen at:
sff.net/people/doylemacdonald/r_sahar.htm warrens.net/werewolf.htm

For those who do not know: Archbishop Ngo Dinh Thuc consecrated Guerard des Lauriers, O.P., who consecrated Robert McKenna, O.P., who consecrated J. Vida Elmer, Richard Bedingfeld, and Oliver Oravec, who consecrated John Hesson, OSB.

Guerard des Lauriers, under the direction of Archbishop Lefebvre, was the theologian who wrote the so-called “Ottaviani Intervention.” Subsequently, he taught at the SSPX Econe seminary, and then became a Thucite “bishop”. I understand that he was reconciled to the Church (that is, the Catholic Church under Pope John Paul II!) before his death. Another teacher at Econe, Canon Revaz induced Archbishop Thuc to consecrate the Palmar de Troya group, and then, in 1981, Thuc consecrated des Lauriers.

Dominican priest, Robert F. McKenna is a Thucite “bishop”. The Vatican has twice stated officially that it will not recognize the Thuc consecrations.

Dr Coomaraswamy is also now a Thuc “bishop.”

THESE were some of Malachi Martin’s PUBLICLY KNOWN “friends”!

Sean O’L.

Jan. 24, 2005

I am a Malachi Martin fan. If anyone would like copies (on a data disk) of his Coast to Coast or some of the Bernard Janzen interviews please feel free to message me. I would be happy to send a copy

II’m not sure who Malachi Martin is. The SSPX is the Society of St. Pius X. They were founded by a French Bishop who began ordaining priests and teaching them only the 1962 Missal (the Tridentine Mass). They were also disillusioned with the Second Vatican Council. The Pope forbade him from ordaining any more priests, but he did it anyway, incurring automatic excommunication. The founding bishop has since died, but there are currently four SSPX bishops and also a decent number of priests. They are considered to be in schism (ie not submitting to the Pope in Rome).

The SSPX is not schismatic. They may or may not be a bit disobedient but that is as far as it goes. The Pope said the issue with the SSPX is an internal matter for The Church which means he doesn’t consider it schismatic.

Father Malachi Martin was a good priest. He had good reason for leaving The Jesuits. Read his book The Jesuits and the Betrayal Of The Roman Catholic Church.

The SSPX is not schismatic. They may or may not be a bit disobedient but that is as far as it goes. The Pope said the issue with the SSPX is an internal matter for The Church which means he doesn’t consider it schismatic.

Father Malachi Martin was a good priest. He had good reason for leaving The Jesuits. Read his book The Jesuits and the Betrayal Of The Roman Catholic Church.

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the forums :smiley:

Folks, this thread is seven years old.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.