Who is sick and tired of all the bickering and arguing and think it should stop?

I am sick and tired of all the bickering and arguing between the Tradionalists and Novus Ordos, the Conservatives and the Liberals and I refuse to take part in their populartiy polls. I think by taking part in their popularity polls we will just be exasperating the problem. We are all Catholics and we are called to love one another, lets start acting like it.

Your right and I regret my part in it… Acted in the heat of the moment and was unable to delete my Poll.

I ask for everyones forgiveness.

By starting this thread you have taken a big part in it…

But I agree…I am sick of all the bickering and arguing…I am tired of people bashing eachother.

[quote=St.Claire]I am sick and tired of all the bickering and arguing between the Tradionalists and Novus Ordos, the Conservatives and the Liberals and I refuse to take part in their populartiy polls. I think by taking part in their popularity polls we will just be exasperating the problem. We are all Catholics and we are called to love one another, lets start acting like it.
[/quote]

[quote=dumspirospero]By starting this thread you have taken a big part in it…

But I agree…I am sick of all the bickering and arguing…I am tired of people bashing eachother.
[/quote]

I try to refrain from bashing others, can you please show me if I have been doing so, so that I can correct this.

I limit my replies to the issues they raise and bash their argument but not them personally.

ByzCath…you are one of my favorite people on this forum and none of my post have been directed to you…by that I mean, I do not believe you have ever bashed anyone or support anyone who has and no…I do not believe you are a liberal non-traditionalist…I was responding to your post, because I wanted you to know where I was coming from…to let people know that there are some people out there that prefer the TLM, but condemn the schismatics and are in full communion with the Church…and reaffirm my distaste for all the people that are bashing one another on here…I can think of a few…but Byz my friend…you are not one of them…you are always insightful and courteous.

[quote=ByzCath]I try to refrain from bashing others, can you please show me if I have been doing so, so that I can correct this.

I limit my replies to the issues they raise and bash their argument but not them personally.
[/quote]

me!

I don’t get the argument anyway. It’s the same church!!! What am I missing??

Wait, never mind, don’t answer that, I think in this case, ignorance is bliss… and I don’t want to turn this into another debate thread. And like I said in one of the threads, it just makes my head hurt.

As one who is doubting the Church and her teachings at present, I have to agree and say that for your own sakes the arguing has to stop. Its hard enough for someone like me who only knew Catholicism to feel cheated by her members and feel compelled to seek the Lord elsewhere. I sincerely want to find out whether I jumped ship wrongly (I haven’t joined any other Christian Church) and all the arguing within Catholicism doesnt really help. The One True Church Unity message you all proclaim is a little hard to swallow when you all seem to disagree on often the most basic principles. To show people that Catholicism is right, you need to set an example that people understand as right. To say that as Catholics you all believe the same things and then argue about so much is, to the non Catholics lurking here, misleading (IMO)

[quote=teresas1979]As one who is doubting the Church and her teachings at present, I have to agree and say that for your own sakes the arguing has to stop. Its hard enough for someone like me who only knew Catholicism to feel cheated by her members and feel compelled to seek the Lord elsewhere. I sincerely want to find out whether I jumped ship wrongly (I haven’t joined any other Christian Church) and all the arguing within Catholicism doesnt really help. The One True Church Unity message you all proclaim is a little hard to swallow when you all seem to disagree on often the most basic principles. To show people that Catholicism is right, you need to set an example that people understand as right. To say that as Catholics you all believe the same things and then argue about so much is, to the non Catholics lurking here, misleading (IMO)
[/quote]

To be fair, you should read the CCC. That is what Catholics should believe. Arguments will always go on, but the teachings are there for all to see and accept.

I’m kind of glad that there are so many differing opinions on these forums. I guess I’d like to see less meanness, but I love reading all the arguments for and against certain items.

Bickering and arguing has led to over 30,000 separate Protestant denominations. I would like to see more compassion for our brothers and sisters in Christ that use these boards.

Deacon Tony

we should be nice and all that, but really the main point of these forums is to talk about stuff like this. sure its not nice when it gets heated, but theres not much you can do about that as long as people have different views.

I clicked on ‘other’ for this poll.

Could you clarify the difference between bickering and debate?

I clicked on yes. All these “sick and tired” should stop, also. (just as soon as I get to start one)

I actually enjoy reading all of the different opinions. I don’t think name calling and such is appropriate, but it’s educational to read the different points of view on issues.

God Bless
Giannawannabe

I like all of the debating here (usualy). Now if I could just speak Latin like the rest of you I could get one of those elite signatures going. Maybe we should start a poll about that next.

Nabiscus Pancakus!!!

-D

The problem these days is that when you disagree with someone, they will say you are bashing their position. This is so even when you back up you position with facts.

They will also say you are suppose to be tolerant of THEIR and OTHERS positions, but they will also say in the same sentence that YOUR position is not allowed.

It seems tolerance is only allowd when you are in lockstep with their position.

PF

to the one who started this thread. are you saying I should give up my principles? I think its much more important to make sure the church is on the right track, than to make sure “we all get along”. Ill be very afraid for my church when debate is banned so what ever will happen.

As like all ‘families’ there are members who do not see your point of view.
The Forums are a ‘family’ of sorts. There will be agreements and disagreements, the ONLY difference is how one conducts themselves in the discussions.

ByzCath, you are an understanding person and I want to say publically, when you and I discuss, they are sincere.

Obviously, there are certain boards where the discussion is heated, and others where it is a given that it is all in fun.
For example the Crazy Internet Junkies society and the Curmudgeon’s Club. We have ‘fun’ heated battles but no one takes it personally. It’s like a chat room with an attitude. (the women vs the men.)

Go in Peace!
Edwin

[quote=St.Claire]I am sick and tired of all the bickering and arguing between the Tradionalists and Novus Ordos, the Conservatives and the Liberals and I refuse to take part in their populartiy polls. I think by taking part in their popularity polls we will just be exasperating the problem. We are all Catholics and we are called to love one another, lets start acting like it.
[/quote]

“Love one another as I have loved you”

Embrace it, And don’t forget it ! Then all bickering and arguing will stop. Perfect cure.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.