Who is that man riding on the clouds?

It may be a question that has already been answered here at CA. I’m also not sure what scripture says exactly about how the Second Coming will happen. My question is this:

What if the person ‘coming on the clouds’ doesn’t have a beard, or mustache, and isn’t wearing a tunic, etc, etc. And will the angels with him have wings?

Will we accept this person if he claims to be Jesus?

When Jesus comes, we’ll know it. There won’t be any doubt, even if he doesn’t look like we expect him to.

[quote=Pace]What if the person ‘coming on the clouds’ doesn’t have a beard, or mustache, and isn’t wearing a tunic, etc, etc. And will the angels with him have wings?

Will we accept this person if he claims to be Jesus?
[/quote]

Does it really matter if He has a beard or not?

Does it matter if angels have actual wings?

Angels don’t need “wings” in order to travel, since they are pure spirits. Unlike birds, they don’t require air currents to carry them from place to place.

Christ doesn’t really need a beard in order to be the Messiah.

Revelation is clear enough for us to know when the Messiah will come, and the signs that will precede this glorious event would be unmistakable.

Gerry :slight_smile:

[quote=atsheeran]When Jesus comes, we’ll know it. There won’t be any doubt, even if he doesn’t look like we expect him to.
[/quote]

Hi At, Just look for the nail holes in His hands. Then you will know its Jesus. :wink: GodBless

I believe Jesus will literally return to earth bodily, in the same way he ascended before his apostles in the clouds. He ascended in the clouds and he will return in the clouds. Also Paul clearly states, that when he returns, we shall be CAUGHT UP IN THE CLOUDS to be with him. We will literally be raised up(whether dead or alive) off the earth to meet him in the air, which will really be a sight to behold. Won’t that be something? Millions of people being caught up in the clouds. What a day that will be.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.