Who Is The Patron Saint For Jewish Converts?

Have been on the net for one hour, and have yet to find the answer to my question.

WHO is THE Saint, for Jewish Christians?

I want to get my cousin a medal. Please tell.

There are probably many, who is the main one?

How about Edith Stein? Wasn’t she a jewish lady who was educated and gave her life to Jesus through the Carmelite order, I think. I can’t remember her confirmed name but she might be one you look for.

Just thought of another one, How about St. Mary, Mother of Jesus. She was the first Jewish convert to Christianity;)

I don’t know of any specific Saint for Jewish Converts, but I’m certain I read that St. Michael the Archangel is the patron of the Jews in general. That would be a good place to start. Of course I agree that Mary is a perfect choice too, espescially since, disproportionately, so many Jewish “converts” recieve personal visitations from her before/during their coming into the Church.

Mary certainly seems to have a very special mission to Jews, perhaps to let them know that being Catholic does not mean abandoning Judaism, just as her life proves without a doubt.

[quote=sparkle]Have been on the net for one hour, and have yet to find the answer to my question.

WHO is THE Saint, for Jewish Christians?

I want to get my cousin a medal. Please tell.

There are probably many, who is the main one?
[/quote]

It would have to be St Paul who persecuted Christians with the authority of the Sanhedrin, and whose dramatic conversion is told in Acts.

Well, you can go here for converts in general…

catholic-forum.com/saints/pst00167.htm

What about St. Maximillian Kolbe? He was a Priest who spoke out against the Nazis and was sent to Auschwitz. When a fellow prisoner, Sergeant Gajowniczek, a man with a wife and children was sentenced to death, Father Kolbe offered to take his place. The Nazis tried to starve Father Kolbe to death but after 2 weeks of no food & water he was still alive so they injected him with carbolic acid which killed him. His body was then taken to the ovens and burned.

In 1982, Father Maximilian Kolbe was canonized as a Saint. Along with the thousands of others in St. Peter’s Square to watch the ceremony was Sergeant Gajowniczek, now an elderly man with his wife and children.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.