Who is the patron saint for such an issue?

Awhile back I lost some meaningful computer files from a backup I was doing before I reformatted. This was a year ago, the thing is, the files are all there, but it's in some weird compressed format that I cannot uncompress, the software that was given to uncompress it is faulty.

I had tried many times over the year to uncompress it and to no avail, it's just irritating me that the files are there, but i just can't get to it. I would really like some prayers so that I can recover those files, also if there's a patron saint related to such a matter, maybe computer related haha.

Perhaps also some prayers for the thousands around the world that have lost important documents, photos, etc. memories that can't be replaced because of dodgy computers:mad:

St. Anthony is the patron of lost things... he might be of assistance. I'll pray for you.

Saint Isidore of Sevilla is your man :thumbsup:. The patron of most things involved with the computer including computers, computer users, the internet, and programmers. St Isidore of Sevilla is a patron for computers because he wrote one of the first databases in history. He was a great ancient philosopher and is one of the last of the great ancients. He was also a believer in a globe-like planet earth.

Try Saint Jude

Saint Jude
Most holy Apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered the beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases, of things despaired of. Pray for me who am so miserable; make use, I implore you, of this particular privilege accorded to you, to bring visible and speedy help, where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (here make your request), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect forever.

I promise you, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

or my favorite

Prayer to Saint Anthony of Padua
Good Saint Anthony, in God’s providence you have secured for His people many marvelous favors. You have been especially celebrated, good Saint Anthony, for your goodness to the poor and the hungry, for finding employment for those seeking it, for your special care of those who travel, and for keeping safe from harm all who must be away from home. You are widely known also, good Saint Anthony, for securing peace in the family, for your delicate mercy in finding lost things, for safe delivery of messages, and for your concern for women in childbirth. In honoring you, Saint Anthony, for the many graces our Lord grants through your favor, we trustfully and confidently ask your aid in our present need. Pray for us, good Saint Anthony, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. May it be a source of joy, O God, to your Church that we honor the memory of your Confessor and Doctor, Saint Anthony. May his spiritual help always make us strong, and by his assistance may we enjoy an eternal reward. This we ask through Jesus Christ, your Son, our Lord. Amen.

God bless you for this reminder to others to back-up their documents and photos documents and photos on DVD, memory stick, or back-up drive! You may have just prevented someone else from having a similar problem happen to them.
I hope you are able to perhaps find a helpful software or an affordable technician to help you retrieve your files. May your angel guide you.
May God bless and help you in this and in everything.

Praying that you are able to recover those files ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.