Who is the Prophet Mohammed?

Not the slightest bit of evidence? Do you concede that women make poor witnesses in first century Rome and Jeruselum? That Jews considered women terrible witnesses. Why then do the Gospels write of women being the first to see the empty tomb and deliver the message of the angel that Christ has risen from the dead?

Ah. But if only Mohammed knew that Christians died for believing in the Resurrected
Crucified Christ, he would have become Christian

]

. The greatest testimony anyone can make is that of ultimate sacrifice. When one’s “last words” are written with his very blood spilled upon the ground, what ink is purer than this as a final testimony to one’s Faith, whatever outward form it takes, which dispensation it occurs.

Sorry but Jesus already taught about the Greatest Love… to give ones life for his friends.
MJ

Hi Martin, I’ve always been interested to know about these martyred souls. Did they die being asked to recant their Faith in Jesus, or were they asked to specifically recant their belief in a physical resurrection?

It all comes in one package. If Jesus was not resurrected there would be no need to believe in Jesus at all.

MJ

Not necessarily, if they were asked to recant their Faith in Jesus and become a Jew, that’s one thing.

Being asked to recant your belief in a physical resurrection while retaining your belief in Jesus as the Messiah is another thing

Are there any specific details to these martyrdoms?

When the Source of all the Prophets of God inspires Them with His Words to different audiences centuries apart, it is not surprising, is it? that He should reiterate some of the same important lessons of loyalty for the Cause of the One same God?

Baha’u’llah clearly states, for example in the Preamble to the Hidden Words just such a distillation and reminder to His new audience:

"He is the Glory of Glories!

. “This is that which hath descended from the realm of glory, uttered by the tongue of power and might, and revealed unto the Prophets of old. We have taken the inner essence thereof and clothed it in the garment of brevity, as a token of grace unto the righteous, that they may stand faithful unto the Covenant of God, may fulfill in their lives His trust, and in the realm of spirit obtain the gem of Divine virtue.”

. and in that same short Book, He addresses the Spirit of Sacrifice in every age:

1. O SON OF BEING!

. “Seek a martyr’s death in My path, content with My pleasure and thankful for that which I ordain, that thou mayest repose with Me beneath the canopy of majesty behind the tabernacle of glory.”

. That the Wellspring of all the Words of God should affirm the laws of love and sacrifice to souls born centuries apart in lands distant should not be a surprise, but a confirmation of His guidance to “all” mankind.

. If one is bent upon viewing the Manifestations of God is in competition with each other, rather than complimentary, it goes against the Revelation of Their Divine Unity wherein:

“All the Prophets proclaim the same Faith”, which Baha’u’llah asserts while referring specifically to those Who are indeed “Prophets of God”, and not false prophets, all of whose words betray their ignorance.

I am only concerned about this thread. Thus whether Mohammed knew anything about early Christianity. A “prophet” such as him should be well versed about who Jesus was. Id like to know what he actually knew. Quranic verses preferable;)

Everything else about the Martyrdoms you can research yourself. Excuse me while rest early for early morning Mass. Thank you. :cool:

MJ

Ive really no time for this. Have to rest for morning Worship. :highprayer:

MJ:

Brother Martin,
If I may ask you for some prayers for me, I’m barely walking to day. compressions in mid and low back about done me in right now. Meds making me kind of wired tight, too.

I greatly enjoy your posts and well reasoned thoughts. some folks are so abrasive, but you are very courteous. thank you and God bless you and your family.

Very tired too. got to go rest. Hope for coherent conversation tomorrow or next day. always enjoy your insights.

God bless,
dale

Just trying to unsubsctibe to this thread ( link did not work in email, only way is to click unsubscribe after posting)

I watched this a few nights ago, and found it quite entertaining, as well as learned something from it. Its an hour and a half long, but I actually watched the entire thing. It reminded me of similar old Bible stories, especially of Moses.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nxul4scF924&list=LL1UFX7L38MWP8FgrOasqSBA&feature=mh_lolz

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.