Who is the Prophet Mohammed?

I know my friend, I know.

But you know what they say about pearls.:thumbsup:

MJ

:):wink:

God bless you.

Yes indeed he is mentioned here:
(Matthew 7:15-17):
"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit."

He is not mentioned in any of our Scripture or our Sacred Tradition. Muhammad is a false prophet.

I just want to know what happened to The Principle of Non-Malevolence?

We know how to show respect as individuals, issue seems to be showing respect to “everyone”. I can’t seem to justify this with Mohammed…sorry.

it’s up to you ,if you think that my friend is really your brother (for example) because they have the same name that is indeed your mistake not mine ,and not a cause to claim that I’m a liar ,let’s think big
if they have the same name that is not mean they mentionned the same person is that :thumbsup: ?

As far as I know, there no mention that Jesus’ mother is Moses’ wife. Goodness.

What can be controversial is the mention in the Quran that Mary the mother of Jesus is Imran’s (Aaron) sister (correct me if the name is wrong). This is historically in error of course as the two characters were thousands of years apart.

http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif Yes indeed, per Numbers 26:59.

Speaking of history, I think for the Muslim, history “starts” in the Quran. :shrug:

MJ

I forgot to mention after your above comment (which I bold herewith) that in Deuteronomy 18:18 Moses mentions “among the brethren”. If one goes back to that time, (and historically speaking with proper analysis today by us looking in) they would be expecting one of the other tribes (the 11) other than the tribe of Levi, from which there would come this Prophet.

This way it rules out Mohammed (who is supposedly a line from Ismael). Ishmaelites are NOT from the brethren.

MJ

Agree with you totally brother. They were clutching the last straw in saying that Mohammad was promised in Deut 18:18.

And you also should listen to their argument that Mohammad is the the one promised in John 14 - the Paraclete. :shrug: Somehow in Arabic it is translated to Ahmad which rhyme with Mohammad. Only that the Holy Spirit came during the time of apostles during Pentecost ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you. Jn 14:18’, not six hundred years later as claimed by them.

Quite. One can’t just pick wherever one wants to start and then avoid the rest (maybe a phenomenom with todays internet age all the more:p)

Proper follow through by the Bible reader (whether Muslim or otherwise) will see that the Spirit in John 14:18 is discussed point blank in Acts 1 already.

MJ

This site can help answering your question “This is Prophet Mohammed”

mohammad.islamway.com/

• Mohammed is the final massenger of God.
  • He was sent to guide the humanity to the One True God Who Has neither partners nor sons.
  • The Quran was revealed to him through Angel Gabriel.
  • Islam is the fastiest growing religion in the world, and the name “Mohammed” is the most popular name in the world.

Agree with the last part but not with the first three except for a general knowledge about Islam, which is what you’re trying to do I think. Thanks for the information though.

Christians cannot accept Mohammad as a prophet and his teaching (nor the Quran for that matter) because they are contradictory to Christian belief. Thus to accept Mohammad means to forgo the most important message of Christianity and belief. Probably this is why it is very hard to really dialogue with Muslims on this matter because we will eventually clash on the most important issue.

In a nutshell as far as I am concerned Jesus taught us basically everything we need to require to worship God properly. And the Bible verse that sums it up is found in Matthew 23:37-40.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.*This is the first and greatest commandment.*And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Is there anything that Mohamed (alleged to have) taught we Christians should know that we missed?

MJ

Matthew 22:37-40 :o

MJ

No one knows what the world’s fastest growing religion is. Apostasy from Islam is punishable by death in Islamic societies, and in places like Saudi Arabia and Malaysia members of certain ethnic groups are required by law to be Muslim and cannot change their religion. Christianity still makes more converts but their birth rate is lower.

Here’s one thing I could never understand. So God gives the world the Torah, and humanity screws it up. He then gives them the Gospel, and they screwed that up, too. So how do we know the Quran isn’t screwed up, too? Is God not very smart and needed two failed attempts before He learned how to REALLY set a religion in stone?

Do you have a source for this?

It is intresting to note every time the Angel Gabriel appeared he frightened everyone except Mary who was frightened by what Gabriel said not by his presence.

It is possible that Islam fast growth alone can be attributed to their high rate of reproduction and the Christianity low rate of the same.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.