Who is the toughest nut to crack?

The young Mormon missionary out on his bicycle?
The Jehovah’s Witness at your door on Saturday morning?
The muslim co-worker at the office?
The Jewish lady from New York who now lives next door to you?
The Baptist who thinks the pope is the anti-Christ?
The Cafeteria Catholic who uses contraception and thinks women priests would be okay?

And why?

the cafateria catholic is maybe the toughest. why? she ain’t gonna go there with you. she most likely has very little knowledge about her faith and is fine with it.
the others will at least be able and willing to engage in debate with you. that’s always fun. and if you know just some of your scripture you can tear the JW a new one!!!:stuck_out_tongue:

I was excited because I thought I knew:

Black Walnut, always used a piece of railroad to crack those, and they stain your fingers. :smiley:

Hope you find the answers you are looking for, though!

If you mean with regard to conversion to Catholicism, why the Jewish lady, of course. That is, provided she is well-educated, sincere and comfortable in her faith. She has the longest history of resistance. And don’t forget, she comes from New York!

Agreed! :thumbsup: Don’t mess with her! :slight_smile:

Do not try to “crack” any of them.
Live a good Christian Life - evangelizing by example - and discuss religious matters with charity whenever they come up…

Peace
James

oh yeah! i’m from new york. brooklyn actually. :smiley:

I could probably actually talk with all those except the Cafe Catholic because they would probably not be interested and will try to change the subject, whereas with a devout muslim they might actually pay attention to what you say because they are triyng to convert you just as much as your trying to convert them.

The toughest nut to crack is ‘myself’ - I’m a obstinate fool who rebels constantly for no good reasion.

Baptist who thinks the Pope is the AntiChrist- nothing will convince one the Pope is anything but a man made evil invention adding to the gospel, seeking glory for himself instead of Christ and on and on it goes (Not in my experience anyway)

It depends on what you mean by “crack”. If you mean getting them to change religions, I don’t think there’s a huge difference between these groups. If you mean to get them to be respectful and understanding toward the teachings of the Catholic Church, even if they don’t agree with them, I expect either the cafeteria Catholic or the Baptist, because they have themselves convinced that they know what the Church teaches already and they know better. The others would likely be more open to accepting new information.

Whichever one you don’t love enough to talk to.

-ACEGC

My husband.:smiley:

Definitely the Lutheran who thinks that they are already Catholic.

:stuck_out_tongue:

for me it would be JW or Mormon…if I know they are around, I do not open my door.

That’s what I was going to say. I use a hammer myself.

The toughest nuts to crack are apathetic people.

One you do not have on your list - The Bible and me Christian who thinks everyone else is wrong

The “True Believer”**** of any denomination is very difficult-many Protestants have valid points from at least a secular viewpoint-Jews have “tradition” - many people have had a true religious experience regardless of denomination -witness the addict who attends an evangleical Church and stops using drugs-what works for them works

I really find at times it disturbing to see Christains of one denomination try to “poach” members of another denomination - the catholic church (small c) is composed of all believers in Christ and salvation can be found outside of the Roman catholic Church

People change denominations for many reasons some valid some not:cool:

I agree with you. But I understand why RCs attempt to “convert” (their language) other Christians. I often don’t respond charitably, and that’s a shortcomings of mine.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.