Who is up of Beatifcation and Canoninazation?

Sorry if I misspelled (I really got jept on that in grade school) the B. and C. word. does anyone know where I can find out what is going on in these scences. My hero Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen is up for Beatifaction from what I have heard and I was kind a hoping to see how it was going. Also if any of my other historical heros were up for the process. Thanks and god bless.

Good question Montie!

Further to this - Does anyone know of a reputible database anywhere that tracks the progress of B & D?

Luke

[quote=Montie Claunch]Sorry if I misspelled (I really got jept on that in grade school) the B. and C. word. does anyone know where I can find out what is going on in these scences. My hero Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen is up for Beatifaction from what I have heard and I was kind a hoping to see how it was going. Also if any of my other historical heros were up for the process. Thanks and god bless.
[/quote]

There is a web site for Bishop Sheen’s “Cause.” Google around (ahem, be sure you spell it right), and you’ll find it. Plug in: beatification, cause, Fulton Sheen . . . You’ll find the page. I believe he has been kicked up from “Servant of God” to “Venerable” – not sure about that . . . Let us know.

[quote=Montie Claunch]Sorry if I misspelled (I really got jept on that in grade school) the B. and C. word. does anyone know where I can find out what is going on in these scences. My hero Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen is up for Beatifaction from what I have heard and I was kind a hoping to see how it was going. Also if any of my other historical heros were up for the process. Thanks and god bless.
[/quote]

Montie, here are some sites that may be of interest for you. Note that one specifically deals with modern-era men who served in the military in some capacity.

catholicmil.org/html/cause.html#capodanno

familyrosary.org/main/cause.php

beliefnet.com/story/15/story_1546_1.html

And this last takes you to a forum where there’s ongoing discussions on this topic (among many others pertaining to the Catholic Faith):

forum.catholic.org/viewforum.php?f=103&sid=c529d8ef3b88cd46ca158338f8014cbd

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.