Who is/was Jesus?

That's the question.

Who is/was Jesus?

All opinions are welcome.

Someone who knew about mercy Who came for sinners.
And when Jesus the Christ became a brother to man; He laid down His life for His friends.

Merry Christmas
God bless

Who could say this better than the beloved Apostle John:
**1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life,a and the life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

9The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. 10He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11He came to his own,b and his own peoplec did not receive him. 12But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

14And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15(John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”) 16And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God; the only God,d who is at the Father’s side,e he has made him known.**

Jon

The Son of the living God, consubstantial with his Father. (Matt 16:16f, John 1:14, 10:30, 2 Pet 1:1)

you question who is Jesus…my Question…how can I guarantee my entrance into Heaven when I die??is there some ritual? if i am baptised.confirmed. what else do i have to do??

JonNC beat me to it, but…

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”) For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known. [John 1:1-18]

The messiah. Simple as that.

Die in a state of grace, i.e. free from mortal sin.

God Bless

And from the Athanasian Creed:

*Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe faithfully the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right faith is, that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God of the Substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and Man of the substance of His mother, born in the world; Perfect God and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father as touching His Godhead, and inferior to the Father as touching His manhood; Who, although He be God and Man, yet He is not two, but one Christ: One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking the manhood into God; One altogether; not by confusion of Substance, but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead; He ascended into heaven; He sitteth on the right hand of the Father, God Almighty; from whence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead. At whose coming all men shall rise again with their bodies, and shall give an account of their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. *

Jon

son of man.son of god. messiah. the rock.water of life.bread of life. saviour.prince of peace.Emmanuel??

how…in these mortal bodies is it possible to be in a state of grace? remain in a state of grace? and even more so…be free every second of our life from mortal sin??

All that needs to be said…

: of the same substance

Die in a state of grace, i.e. free from mortal sin.

God Bless

how…in these mortal bodies is it possible to be in a state of grace? remain in a state of grace? and even more so…be free every second of our life from mortal sin??

Hi pacman,
Welcome to CAF. As your question may be a bit off-topic, that may be why no one has responded to your question. It could, however, be an interesting topic for a new thread. :wink:

Jon

From the Nicene Creed:

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.

Not all sin is mortal. Consequently, while you may commit “smaller”, non-mortal sins very often, it is possible to avoid the biggies.

(But that’s another thread.)

There is a God and neighbor out there somewhere : )
Even if you live an “ordinary” life He is there.

God bless You
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to ya

The second person of the holy trinity.

Follow the laws and precepts of the Church. When you fail, and sin, confess your sins and receive absolution.

You don’t need to be free of mortal sin every second, you just need to be that way at the end.

God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.